Interrupt storm takes down entire LAN

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I gave you a link that describes how I set things up. Lacp with unifi switch. Did you follow those steps? If you can't see the interface when setting up the lacp then you need to create the interface first before you can add it to the lacp group. I suggest only using the console since doing this will cause the web gui to drop out unless you have a dedicated management interface.

prophoto

Explorer
He also describes how the fix was to replace his SPF adapters, not a software issue.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Can anyone help?
I gave you the answer of how to set it up, at this point you are choosing to not follow the directions.
Select your port in unifi, make the Aggregate. Using the freenas console configure your interface for each interface, then create your lagg using those 2 interfaces you just created. Since you said your interfaces didn't show up when creating the lagg you didn't create them first.

prophoto

Explorer
Ok this time I deleted all config from all NICs then configured LAGG from terminal. Network was very unstable.
Tried creating the LAGG from console but no success. Made my entire network unstable. All devices would disconnect then reconnect.

no_connection

Patron
Have you made a bridge somewhere? Cause it certainly sounds like you bridged two outgoing interfaces together effectively creating a loop whenever two are hooked up.

I agree. The described problem sounds very much like a bridging loop. If you configure LACP on the LAGG and the port don't come up, I would suspect that the switch is not doing LACP. If you force the LAGG to a method that does not use a negotiating protocol, then that is probably what is creating the bridging loop.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
What version of unifi are you using? The 6.0.20 release has issue and can cause an network storm.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Works just fine for me. So if you are following the steps I outlined then I have no clue what the problem is.

Configure lagg in unifi -> setup lagg in freenas console. Reboot freenas and it should auto negotiate the lagg and just work. Try to disable all jails prior to the reboot so they don't start on boot. But you said your problem was different than mine so that shouldn't make a difference.

prophoto

Explorer
I updated to 11.3 but didn't see anything in the release notes about this issue.

Works just fine for me. So if you are following the steps I outlined then I have no clue what the problem is.

Configure lagg in unifi -> setup lagg in freenas console. Reboot freenas and it should auto negotiate the lagg and just work. Try to disable all jails prior to the reboot so they don't start on boot. But you said your problem was different than mine so that shouldn't make a difference.
Thanks. I'll give it another shot. I didn't reboot so that could make a difference. Just turn off Auto start for each jail before attempting lag config? Any issues turning back on after?

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I updated to 11.3 but didn't see anything in the release notes about this issue.

Thanks. I'll give it another shot. I didn't reboot so that could make a difference. Just turn off Auto start for each jail before attempting lag config? Any issues turning back on after?
No just turn them off to see if it makes a difference. Something in your setup is wrong. You need to change variables to figure out what that is