Intel 9301 - mixed results

Status
Not open for further replies.

IonutZ

Contributor
Hello folks, so I got a batch of Intel 9301 adapters for my clients but I'm getting suboptimal results when using them.

On one computer I have a Intel 82579V that transfers @ 110MB/s to my FreeNAS box. When I install an Intel 9301 on it, it transfers the same 20GB file @ 107MB/s. The only thing in between the FreeNAS box and the client is a Netgear gigabit switch (which is getting replaced next week).

On another client with a Qualcomm Atheros, the same file transfers @ 112MB/s. Same setup, both clients are on the same segment of the network. With the Intel 9301, this client only transfers the 20GB file at 70MB/s.

Any suggestions? Is there some special mojo I have to do in Device Manager on the Intel 9301?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I'd check your cabling and maybe try a different cable for the one that is slow. Cables can do weird things and one brand might be okay while another isn't.

At iX HQ we basically never do anything except cat6 and have quite a bit of evidence that cat5 and 5e doesn't always get the job done.

IonutZ

Contributor
I literally just made this cable, it's CAT6 with brand new terminations, the cable is brand new, and performs @ 110MB/s on one client and 70MB/s on another... same interfaces... reading from SSD on both.

Then again, the same cable gets me 112MB/s on the same client with the Qualcomm Atheros NIC vs 70MB/s with the Intel 9301....

Status
Not open for further replies.