Installing VirtualBox Guest Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scharbag

Guru
Sorry for the n00b question.

Could someone please help me install the guest additions for a Windows 7 system in the VBox jail? I cannot seem to find where the VBoxGuestAdditions.iso file is located in the jail. Nor can I seem to find a happy way to just download that iso (my GoogleFoo has failed me...).

Cheers,

Edit: System is on FreeNAS 9.2.1.7 system. Jail is VBox 4.3.12_OSE as supplied by the awesome FreeNAS team.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
It's not in the jail. There's a ticket in to include it in the jail. You have to dwonload the additions put it in the jail and use it yourself.

Scharbag

Guru
OK. Thank you for the info.

I will have to sharpen my googlefoo and find the iso.

Cheers,

Scharbag

Guru

FlyingPersian

Patron
Could anyone help me in installing this for a Linux (Ubuntu/Debian) system? In the normal VM Manager you can simply select device --> install VB Guest Additions, but that option is missing in phpVirtualBox. I need a step-by-step idiot-proof set of instructions :x Thanks!

Ixian

Patron
Could anyone help me in installing this for a Linux (Ubuntu/Debian) system? In the normal VM Manager you can simply select device --> install VB Guest Additions, but that option is missing in phpVirtualBox. I need a step-by-step idiot-proof set of instructions :x Thanks!

Download the iso from the link above, mount it like any other iso in your VM via the virtual cdrom, go to the directory inside the VM, probably /media, run the installer. There's one for Linux/Debian.

FlyingPersian

Patron
Okay I managed to mount it so far. The one thing I had to do was run "sudo mount /dev/sr0 /mnt" in the guest, then the CD appeared in /mnt. BUT it didn't install properly as the shared folder feature failed to install. Not sure why, it's probably related to some kernel stuff? I googled for hours, but I couldn't fix it :/

Status
Not open for further replies.