Installing FreeNAS on Plextor M6e SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael Mead

Cadet
I'm installing FreeNAS on a new server and I'd like to use a PCI-E Plextor drive (PX-AG128M6e) for the installation drive. It is recognized in the BIOS, but it is not visible in the FreeNAS installation drive selection menu. It uses the Marvell 88SS9183 controller. Is there a way for me to manually add drivers to the installation?

Other info:
Motherboard: SuperMicro X10SLM+-LN4F,
CPU: E3-1231V3

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
No.

In addition, that thing is major overkill for FreeNAS. It literally cannot be used for anything other than the FreeNAS install.

Michael Mead

Cadet
I would like to use it for the FreeNAS install, but FreeNAS is not recognizing the drive in the installation menu. If I cannot add drivers, is there anyway to install FreeNAS on this drive?

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I would like to use it for the FreeNAS install, but FreeNAS is not recognizing the drive in the installation menu. If I cannot add drivers, is there anyway to install FreeNAS on this drive?

Some drives support some kind of SATA/AHCI emulation mode, from what I've read, but I haven't messed around with them.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Nope. That hardware isn't recommend and isn't supported (as is obvious from the fact you can't install to it).

KempelofDoom

Explorer
I'm installing FreeNAS on a new server and I'd like to use a PCI-E Plextor drive (PX-AG128M6e) for the installation drive. It is recognized in the BIOS, but it is not visible in the FreeNAS installation drive selection menu. It uses the Marvell 88SS9183 controller. Is there a way for me to manually add drivers to the installation?

Other info:
Motherboard: SuperMicro X10SLM+-LN4F,
CPU: E3-1231V3

Any specific reason you don't want to install to a USB thumbdrive? It's the recommended method for installation.

Status
Not open for further replies.