Installing apcupsd in 8.3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJS

Cadet
Hello: I am trying to do the above and it seems to go well until I start the program.

To specify: I open the Jail and install (pkg_add -r apcupsd) from there; there are no problems in this but when I make the necessary changes in the conf file and run the program (apcupsd start) I get the error:

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libusb.so.2" not found, required by "apcupsd"

I used apcupsd quite happily under 8.2.0 (installed and configured in the same way) and am puzzled by its failure in 8.3.

Can anyone advise, please?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I'm asking this question because I am truly curious, but isn't apcupsd a UPS service? So why not use the UPS service built into FreeNAS? Seems like that would be better than adding the UPS service to the jail assuming that even works. At first thought I wouldn't expect the UPS to be passed to the jail...

AJS

Cadet
I'm asking this question because I am truly curious, but isn't apcupsd a UPS service? So why not use the UPS service built into FreeNAS? Seems like that would be better than adding the UPS service to the jail assuming that even works. At first thought I wouldn't expect the UPS to be passed to the jail...

Well, the UPS service on FN (NUT) is for use with a directly-attached UPS i.e. it acts as a 'master' whereas I have the UPS attached to another machine and I need the FN machine to connect to it as a 'slave'. APCUPSD is very suitable for this and quite easy to set-up. What's especially vexing about this error message is that I had all this working perfectly on FN 8.2....

(Sorry, I should have specified the particular need I have for APCUPSD in the original message.)

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
might be because the package repos aren't set correctly. lookup how to check/setup your package repo for freebsd packages.
I bet they are setup to grab packages from the 8.2 repo instead of the 8.3 repo

AJS

Cadet
might be because the package repos aren't set correctly. lookup how to check/setup your package repo for freebsd packages.
I bet they are setup to grab packages from the 8.2 repo instead of the 8.3 repo

Alas, no, thanks, I checked this before - definitely the right repo being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.