Installer stuck at Booting...

Status
Not open for further replies.

nec4b

Cadet
Hi, I need some help. I'm trying to install FreeNas 11.2. The bootloader loads, i can change the boot options and etc., but it doesn't help. When I press enter for multi user boot, some images and drivers are loaded and then the installer writes "Booting..." with a blue background and just stays there. Vanilla FreeBSD or Linux boot without a problem on the same USB key.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
It says on the download page that if one wants virtualization and plugins one should download the 11.2 RC1. (https://www.freenas.org/download-freenas-release/) I'm downloading the version you linked, and will report if it works.
While it is true that some of the features that are planned for the next version of FreeNAS will be better than what is currently available in 11.1-U6, the 11.2-RC1 version still has some issues that need to be resolved. If your primary desire is a usable storage platform, 11.1 is the way to go and it does support virtualization, it just might take a little more effort to get working.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
You might want to submit a bug report for the other version of FreeNAS. Just explain what your hardware is so that they can try to correct any driver issues that might be causing it not to load.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.