Installed Plex DVR update, possible to change the location FreeNAS sees it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryce

Explorer
I had plex installed and working fine, but I recently wanted to install the plex beta for the dvr use. Well, I did, it's installed in the plexmediaserver_1 jail that gets created by default. Everything works fine, media is still present and what not.

My question is this though.

Is it possible for me to symlink the old /usr/pbi/plexmediaserver location to the /usr/local/share/plexmediaserver so that I can use the freenas gui to start/stop the plugin and it get auto started whenever the server is restarted? Or how would I go about that?

I had to run /usr/local/share/plexmediaserver/start.sh to start the new install. Is there anyway to tie that to the toggle on/off switch in the freenas ui or just have it autostart if the server gets restarted ever?

Sorry for the wording and all, I'm horrible at trying to explain these things.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
you could try this...
* keep the plex plugin installed, delete /usr/local/etc/rc.d/plexmediaserver
* install the package which should install the above file again but now pointed to the correct directories.
* try the start/stop button

bryce

Explorer
Sorry for the lack of response. Just got super busy the past couple weeks.

Anyways, I did get it figured out, I just created a new jail and installed the latest plex update manually. Problem solved.

I'm still learning FreeNAS and the more I use it the more I'm starting to notice small things that would be a lot easier to perform in a VM and the vm support of freenas is severely lacking imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.