Installed FN11 over Corral, iSCSI targets show "GPT Protective Partition" in Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Corral, I have 3 zvols shared with iSCSI, and once connected from a Windows iSCSI initiator and brought online, they show as disks with a single partition having a single NTFS volume.

I pulled the Corral boot mirror and installed FN11 on a fresh boot mirror. I imported each of 3 volumes in FN11, which worked fine and shows datasets / zvols as expected. I configured the zvols as extents and bound each to a target. However, when I connect to these from a Windows iSCSI initiator, the disk shows "GPT Protective Partition" in disk management, and nothing is available to mount as an NTFS volume.

After booting back to Corral, they show in windows disk management as expected (once onlined, a single NTFS partition shows on each disk).

Any ideas? I must be missing something. Out of curiousity, I booted Ubuntu 16.04 and made one of the zvols an iSCSI target there. Same issue as FN11, if that's helpful.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
That's a weird one. You might want to file a bug report, that sounds like something the devs will be more familiar with. Post the issue number here, afterwards.

Bug filed: https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/24823

Given I see exactly the same thing is happening in Ubunutu 16.04, I may try for a clean lab repro. I think I must be doing something wrong with the imports, but I can't see what it could be at this point - everything's pretty straightforward.

Status
Not open for further replies.