Install failed on Micro server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red5zero

Cadet
Hi all,

I have a HP Micro server N36L currently running Win 7 Ultimate and it was suggested to me that I give FreeNas a go. So I downloaded the file and burned it to a CD. I loaded the CD into the Micro server as well as installing a 4GB Flashcard in the internal USB header on the MOBO and kicked the process off. The software loads and I get the 7 option screen but before I can enter 1 for Default loading of FreeNas the screen starts coming up with heaps of error messages and it constantly repeats itself.

I will try and get the error message but it is quite long. Any ideas where this is going wrong.

FYI
The N36L is running 4 GB of ram and I have removed all HDD"s and only installed the Flashcard so the OS could be written on that..........

Thanks In advance

P.S
I am also a Noob so please be patient with me...LOL

jgreco

Resident Grinch
That's a "my car won't start, what's wrong" class question.

I believe there are tools available to write a USB key from a PC, so you could see about obtaining the USB image and writing it on the key. You can then test it on another PC, and if it works, then try it on the Microserver and see what happens.

Red5zero

Cadet
That's a "my car won't start, what's wrong" class question./QUOTE]

Yes I know its a bit vague, and thank you for the reply, but how would writing the image to the usb be different to what I am doing.....? I cant imagine what error messages you would receive on basic equipment like this with virtually nothing plugged in.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yes I know its a bit vague, and thank you for the reply, but how would writing the image to the usb be different to what I am doing.....? I cant imagine what error messages you would receive on basic equipment like this with virtually nothing plugged in.

Not a clue. That's why its the car analogy. :P

I'd try reburning the CD, or try burning the img file directly to your USB card. SD cards don't always work out well, which may be your whole problem.

gpsguy

If these suggestions don't work, try another flash drive (minimum 4Gb). Sometimes they go bad and a new one is the answer.

While the internal connector should be fine, try booting off the top USB connecter on the front. Just as a test.

Lastly, if you still see heaps of errors, grab a screenshot with your phone, camera, etc. and upload a picture, with the error messages.

Using the car analogy, if we saw a picture of the gas gauge showing it was empty, we'd probably suggest you start with some fuel for the vehicle.

Red5zero

Cadet
If these suggestions don't work, try another flash drive (minimum 4Gb). Sometimes they go bad and a new one is the answer.

While the internal connector should be fine, try booting off the top USB connecter on the front. Just as a test.

Lastly, if you still see heaps of errors, grab a screenshot with your phone, camera, etc. and upload a picture, with the error messages.

Using the car analogy, if we saw a picture of the gas gauge showing it was empty, we'd probably suggest you start with some fuel for the vehicle.

Thanks Guys at least you ahve a sense of humour. Will try what you have suggested and comeback as soon as possible.

Cheers and Thnks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.