incorrupt xz images?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Christoph Caina

Hey,

i'm trying to install FreeNAS for Testing issues on my USB flash device like described here (forum.freenas.org)

but when i'm trying to extract the *.xz archives with 7-Zip the programm tells me everytime, that the archive is incorrupt.
I have also checked the md5 and sha1 checksums for the images, and they are correct - but i can't to extract the files within the archives (i have tryed both, the i386 and x64 versions).

can somebody please verify this?
or tell me, what's my mistake here?

thanks a lot and with kind regards,
chris

ProtoSD

MVP
Chris, what version of 7zip are you using?

Normally there is only a compressed disk image file inside the xz file (like a dd image).

See if updating 7zip helps.

C

Christoph Caina

7-Zip Version is the latest 9.20...

i have also tryed to reinstall 7-zip too, but it also say, the file was corrupt.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Did you check the sha256 hash for the files you downloaded? Compare with the hash in the release notes

marcusmarcus

Explorer
Are you downloading the freenas file in Chrome. I have had trouble with images and other firmware I download with chrome. When I use Firefox or IE they download OK. Try downloading with a different browser.

C

Christoph Caina

Hey,

Browser is Firefox...
MD5 and SHA Hashcodes are the same... :-(

i'm trying it in the evening from another pc... and will test it then... maybe, there is another result?!

Status
Not open for further replies.