Incorrect GRUB default after 9.3-STABLE upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

larynx

Dabbler
I installed FreeNAS 9.3-BETA a little while back and yesterday I decided to upgrade to 9.3-STABLE so I ran through the upgrade process and it was hanging on the final phase (Installing freenas-pkg-tools) for about 2 hours so I decided to close the window and restart the machine. After the restart I tried the upgrade again and it worked, the machine then rebooted but when GRUB boots up it choose the FreeNAS-BETA entry instead of FreeNAS-STABLE.

I rebooted and selected the stable entry manually from GRUB and everything seems to be working fine but when I go to System->Boot the stable entry shows up as active and it's says "On Reboot, Now" (see image below) but when I reboot it selects the beta entry.

Should I change this manually in the GRUB configuration or should I be able to change it via the FreeNAS GUI?

Thanks

WD4YStV.png

D

dlavigne

Normally you would change the entry in that screen but the one you want is already showing as active. It sounds like a bug if what is showing active in that screen is not what is happening in the grub menu. Please create a bug report at bugs.freenas.org and post the issue number here.

Status
Not open for further replies.