In a domain and LDAP authentication?

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy B

Cadet
I've probably phrased this very very badly but I have a question.

My network is centered round a Zentyal server. When I browse my network the FreeNAS server is not under the domain but under a workgroup.

I'd like to put the FreeNas server in the domain and have it authenticate its users and groups from the Zentyal server.

Is this possible? Am I missing something? If it can be done, what order should I do things?

thanks
andy

ekpaxp

Cadet
Hi Andy,

Please look at my thread on the 7th October regarding authentication from Zentyal. It is pretty straightforward to use Zentyal's LDAP for FreeNAS authentication by using the FreeNAS LDAP module and entering the Zentyal credentials found in the LDAP section of the Zentyal admin interface. There are a couple of other FreeNAS configurations to make, such as FQDN, and they can be found in the manual/documentation on the website.

However, there is currently a small bug that prevents Zentyal groups from being used as permissions on FreeNAS shares as the FreeNAS LDAP client can't correctly see the additional Zentyal groups - it only sees the Zentyal __USERS__ group of which everyone is a member.

I have created a Bug Issue #3276 for this problem and it is currently being looked at - I think it is to be fixed in the next release 9.1.2.

Regards, Ardan

jmccoy555

Cadet
Hi Ardan,

I've got got the same questions but can't find your post from the 7th,could you please help.

Many thanks,

James

Status
Not open for further replies.