importing old geli.key after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

beeph

Dabbler
went from 8.3. release to 9.1 beta to fix issues with geli,

it only lets u use recovery key to mount 8.3 pools, and restoring the config file doesnt put the old
data keys on the data partition. So now when i try to unlock, i get HTTP ERROR, cuz old keys arent found.

GUI should have feature to re-upload old data keys, allowing passphrase unlocking again. The way it is now i have to use the recovery key to mount every time.

I am not even 100% sure if re-importing the old 8.3 volumes will save the key on the 9.1 data partition. And I cant manually upload, because they are named geli.key or like tank1, tank2-backup.key, whatever.. and GELI looks for them based on the long GPT id string.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Please stop reporting bugs to the forum (yes, I know, but nobody listen to me about getting rid of this useless section).

Report it to support.freenas.org

beeph

Dabbler
sorry chief my bad... yeah the support system is alot more designed to handle these kind of things. Feel free to moderate and delete here, i'll re-post on the support system.
If there's an interesting bug that might impact alot of users you can leave those 'highlights' in this section, it can still be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.