Importing drives into 9.1.1 from 8.3.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9nu

Cadet
Hi

I have an older 8.3.2 installation running with one HDD as the OS drive itself along with 5 other hard drives (all SATA-3) connected via an Adaptec 1430SA RAID card (4 of em) along with 1 other drive via the on-board SATA-3 connector and was wondering if I can 'import' those drives into the new 9.1.1 system.

Now....here is the deal with the drives....they are NOT hooked up into any type of RAID array whatsoever. They were just installed separately...with each having a /mnt/drive_0 - /mnt/drive_4 type setup from within FreeNAS. Each drive was formatted with the ZFS filesystem.....thus all 4 drives are independent of each other.

Can I just 'import' each drive (so to speak) as such without having to wipe it clean ? I know I can always keep the 8.3.2 system as is, however, I would really like to install the new ISO on another HDD and import those data drives intact if possible.

Tim

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Now....here is the deal with the drives....they are NOT hooked up into any type of RAID array whatsoever. They were just installed separately...with each having a /mnt/drive_0 - /mnt/drive_4 type setup from within FreeNAS. Each drive was formatted with the ZFS filesystem.....thus all 4 drives are independent of each other.

Can I just 'import' each drive (so to speak) as such without having to wipe it clean ? I know I can always keep the 8.3.2 system as is, however, I would really like to install the new ISO on another HDD and import those data drives intact if possible.

Tim

no.....Here is the deal with the drives.... ;)

They aren't RAIDed(good).

As long as they are ZFS or UFS, then yes, they will import. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.