I219-V with Truenas Scale

humnwtrfal

Cadet
Hello,

I'm new to Truenas and am currently setting up my first system using Truenas Scale. I've run into an issue with the onboard NIC. It is a Intel I219-V NIC on the Asus prime z690m-plus d4 motherboard. When the ethernet is plugged into the port I can not access the web interface. If I use an external USB ethernet connecter I had lying around, I am provided with an IP address and can get into the web interface. The system is able to see the I219-V NIC when I use the ifconfig and sudo lshw -C network commands. I've attached pictures of the output from both commands.

2hkscru9iqdb1.jpeg

ei97pgkbutdb1.png

I've seen that the I219-V NIC is not officially supported but it appears that this NIC does work for some people. I had three ideas on how to proceed:

1. Use the shell to have the OS pull driver updates from online
2. Use the shell to manually install the most up to date driver file
3. Buy a PCI-E or M.2 key NIC

I would appreciate advice on which option would be the best moving forward. If it is option 1 or 2, what would be the shell commands I would use to complete those actions and which driver should I use? I did find Intel's up to date driver file with both Linux and FreeBSD drivers for all of their NICs. If I were to buy another NIC, I would appreciate recommendations on brands (I know I should use Intel NICs but I was wondering if companies like Syba were reputable as they appear to use the Intel devices in their products). I saw in a few older posts that 2.5gbe NICs are not usually well supported and I was wondering if that was still true or if I should just move on to looking at a 10gbe NIC. Finally I was wondering if there were recommendations for NICs that connect to the computer using a m.2 key like the one in the image below. I'm interested in these NICs as my server is in a small case and this would get around any height clearance issues. Thank you all for any help you can provide.

AHBU_1_2019070975032856.jpg

Fleshmauler

Explorer