I think this is the right Forum: VM keeps freezing

Kazuma

Dabbler
Here's the usual information, I don't know what you'd need but better to over share to start with.

i7 990x
24gb ram
610 nvidia card
512gb ssd boot
asus rampage 3 formula mobo
3x seagate 4tb drive in raidx (freenas default setting)
win10 authentic key and official iso.

takes hours to install, keeps locking up.

If there are logs that could help me, I don't know where to look. I'm still very new.

I'm using the on board nic, and have tried all the settings i can find. mM first theory was that the connection poops and everything is fine, but upon reconnection it is still frozen. tried new cables, tried direct access, formatted all drives and started over at least 4x using different guides.

My intention is to set it up so i can teamviewer in from anywhere and have PIA running and torrent anything I need for plex. (once this problem is solved I'll go back to working on plex. I just need to change gears for a bit)

Thanks

Nvious1

Explorer
What version of FreeNAS are you running? What OS are you trying to install inside a VM (I see Win10 mentioned)? Its not quite clear what you are trying to do...

Kazuma

Dabbler
I'm running 11.2

I gave up and tried Ubuntu and had luck. So something is wrong with windows and the VM together.

I saw a lot with the ethernet ports being funky and using Virtio and went back and forth with no luck. So at least that is solved.

Now I just have to solve why I can't access jails or plug ins anymore

Error: concurrent.futures.process._RemoteTraceback:
"""
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 646, in fetch_plugin_index
self.__clone_repo(git_server, git_working_dir)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 1222, in __clone_repo
porcelain.pull(destination, repo_url, errstream=devnull)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/dulwich/porcelain.py", line 826, in pull
r.reset_index(tree=tree)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/dulwich/repo.py", line 950, in reset_index
validate_path_element=validate_path_element)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/dulwich/index.py", line 530, in build_index_from_tree
obj, entry.mode, full_path, honor_filemode=honor_filemode)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/dulwich/index.py", line 460, in build_file_from_blob
os.chmod(target_path, mode)
PermissionError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: b'/mnt/storage/iocage/.plugin_index/backuppc.json'

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/concurrent/futures/process.py", line 175, in _process_worker
r = call_item.fn(*call_item.args, **call_item.kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 128, in main_worker
res = loop.run_until_complete(coro)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/asyncio/base_events.py", line 468, in run_until_complete
return future.result()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 88, in _run
return await self._call(f'{service_name}.{method}', serviceobj, methodobj, params=args, job=job)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 81, in _call
return methodobj(*params)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/worker.py", line 81, in _call
return methodobj(*params)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/schema.py", line 668, in nf
return f(*args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/plugins/jail.py", line 461, in list_resource
header=False)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/iocage.py", line 911, in fetch
icon=True, official=official)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_plugin.py", line 653, in fetch_plugin_index
_callback=self.callback)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 81, in logit
_callback(content, exception)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/iocage_lib/ioc_common.py", line 64, in callback
raise callback_exception(message)
RuntimeError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: b'/mnt/storage/iocage/.plugin_index/backuppc.json'
"""

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 161, in call_method
result = await self.middleware.call_method(self, message)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1109, in call_method
return await self._call(message['method'], serviceobj, methodobj, params, app=app, io_thread=False)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1046, in _call
return await self._call_worker(serviceobj, name, *args)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1073, in _call_worker
job,
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 1004, in run_in_proc
return await self.run_in_executor(self.__procpool, method, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/middlewared/main.py", line 989, in run_in_executor
return await loop.run_in_executor(pool, functools.partial(method, *args, **kwargs))
RuntimeError: [Errno 1] Operation not permitted: b'/mnt/storage/iocage/.plugin_index/backuppc.json'