I just upgraded notebook from Windows 8.1 -> 10. Now I can't see my FreeNAS network shares

Status
Not open for further replies.

esamett

Patron
I hope this isn't an old issue. Searching "Windows 10" is unhelpful. I have setup wide open sharing settings for the new install similarly to how I have done with Windows 7/8 for years. I can login in the the CLI of FreeNAS but cannot find the share under network. I have set the same Workgroup on both - SAMETT.

Thanks in advance,

evan

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I hope this isn't an old issue. Searching "Windows 10" is unhelpful. I have setup wide open sharing settings for the new install similarly to how I have done with Windows 7/8 for years. I can login in the the CLI of FreeNAS but cannot find the share under network. I have set the same Workgroup on both - SAMETT.

Thanks in advance,

evan
That's because network discovery in Windows 10 is mostly broken.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler

esamett

Patron
Any way to force this? My NAS is at 192.168.0.193.

esamett

Patron
Noob: clueless

esamett

Patron
I was able to get NAS with \\192,168.0.193\download\ then moved back one directory, then pinned to start menu. Not sure what I did but at least I have my data available again.

Mega Man

Explorer
something is up, i have several pcs using windows 10 and i can use my nas without issue , i dont know what is your issue though i am sorry :/

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
It's not a serious issue.

As bad as NetBIOS' network discovery is, NetBIOS' name resolution typically works well.

So, if \\FreeNAS is not visible, typing \\FreeNAS in Windows explorer will get you there. If that doesn't work, \\192.168.1.128 (with your server's address, obviously) will.

Status
Not open for further replies.