I get the error in the OP after I upgraded to 11.1-U5

Status
Not open for further replies.

achmetinternet

Explorer
Code:
Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://192.168.178.30/system/
Software Version: FreeNAS-11.1-U5 (8e2a858a1)
Exception Type: OperationalError
Exception Value:
no such column: system_advanced.adv_consolescreensaver
Exception Location: ./freenasUI/freeadmin/sqlite3_ha/base.py in locked_retry, line 389
Server time: Mi, 8 Aug 2018 14:39:51 +0200
Traceback

Environment:

Software Version: FreeNAS-11.1-U5 (8e2a858a1)
Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://192.168.178.30/system/

Traceback:
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/backends/utils.py" in execute
  64.				 return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/sqlite3_ha/base.py" in execute
  412.		 execute = self.locked_retry(Database.Cursor.execute, query, params)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/sqlite3_ha/base.py" in locked_retry
  389.				 rv = method(self, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/exception.py" in inner
  42.			 response = get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _legacy_get_response
  249.			 response = self._get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _get_response
  178.			 response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view
  162.		 return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
  23.				 return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/system/views.py" in home
  685.	 tabs = appPool.hook_app_tabs('system', request)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/apppool.py" in hook_app_tabs
  61.		 return self._get_array('hook_app_tabs', name, request)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/apppool.py" in _get_array
  27.				 method(arr, func(*args, **kwargs))
File "./freenasUI/system/hook.py" in hook_app_tabs_system
  71.					 obj = model.objects.order_by('-id')[0]
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py" in __getitem__
  295.		 return list(qs)[0]
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py" in __iter__
  256.		 self._fetch_all()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py" in _fetch_all
  1087.			 self._result_cache = list(self.iterator())
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py" in __iter__
  54.		 results = compiler.execute_sql()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/models/sql/compiler.py" in execute_sql
  835.			 cursor.execute(sql, params)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/backends/utils.py" in execute
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/utils.py" in __exit__
  94.				 six.reraise(dj_exc_type, dj_exc_value, traceback)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/utils/six.py" in reraise
  685.			 raise value.with_traceback(tb)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/sqlite3_ha/base.py" in execute
  412.		 execute = self.locked_retry(Database.Cursor.execute, query, params)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/sqlite3_ha/base.py" in locked_retry
  389.				 rv = method(self, *args, **kwargs)

Exception Type: OperationalError at /system/
Exception Value: no such column: system_advanced.adv_consolescreensaver

Request information
GET
No GET data

FILES
No FILES data

COOKIES
Variable Value
csrftoken '********'
sessionid 'ty67452de23wogldd4lothtbvpkpszsp'
fntreeSaveStateCookie 'root%2Croot%2F57%2Croot%2F57%2F71'
META
Variable Value

Last edited by a moderator:
D

dlavigne

Which version did you upgrade from?

What are the hardware specs of the system?

achmetinternet

Explorer
Hi Dru, I was on the "stable" train for the beta, then got a notification that there is a new update available, switched back to the boot environment for 11.1-U4 and upgraded to U5. The beta ran somewhat fine before apart from the bug I filed regarding jails on Redmine which you had just answered to.

D

dlavigne

Did you happen to restore the config you were using on the 11.2 train? Missing column errors usually mean a config db mismatch, such as from restoring an 11.2 config back to an 11.1 version of the OS.

achmetinternet

Explorer
Nope, I just activated the other boot environment. I mean that I didn't touch anything about config...

D

dlavigne

Interesting. Do you have a saved config from the 11.1 series? If so, does the error go away if you restore it?

achmetinternet

Explorer
That's what I tried but I cannot access it, see screenshot. And the new UI I cannot access either, or is there something I need to put behind the /?

Attachments

• Unbenannt2.PNG
    Unbenannt2.PNG
    59 KB · Views: 372

achmetinternet

Explorer
And here are the boot environments, seems strange that I am on U5-1 :)

Attachments

• Unbenannt4.PNG
    Unbenannt4.PNG
    157.6 KB · Views: 337
D

dlavigne

Just to clarify: you are restoring on U5?

You are sure that the config you are restoring was created on U4 or earlier? The message indicates that the config is newer than U5.

D

dlavigne

And here are the boot environments, seems strange that I am on U5-1 :)

The plot does thicken... When you updated from U4 to U5 was there an interruption? It looks like somewhere along the line the update failed. Perhaps change your boot default to U4, delete the 2 U5 entries and try updating again?

achmetinternet

Explorer
Ok, so here is what I will do: I will change back to U4, reboot, do NOT apply my freenas-FreeNAS-11.1-U4 (89e3d93bc)-20180529223935. db file from May 29th ;) and then delete the 2 U5 entries and update again?

But as you can see in the list on my last screenshot I don't have a U4 to begin with...

What will I loose in this process? And can I then switch to 11.2-Beta2 and back to U5 ?

D

dlavigne

If you reboot back to U4 without error, it wouldn't hurt to save its config (as you know it is good). You can then delete the U5 boot entries and update from U4.

You should be able to reboot into BETA2 and U5 without losing anything. You just need to be careful not to mix up the configs (renaming them when you save them to specify which version they belong to makes it easier to figure out which is which). Let us know how it goes.

achmetinternet

Explorer
How can I reboot back to U4? I don't have it in my list as stated above. And upon pressing the submit button in upload config nothing happens...

achmetinternet

Explorer
Should I just go to initial install? I just rebooted into 11.2-BETA2 but there is something broken as well...

EDIT: after unlocking the volume it all seems okay apart from the plugin problem I reported on Redmine. And also that smartd daemon is not running since I installed the OS on an 40GB SDD. I want SMART to run on that but somehow this must be a bug as well...

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

At this point it may just be easier to do a fresh install, reconfigure, and create a well-named config. How much configuration did you have?

Note that none of this affects the data on your storage disks. They are separate from the OS version and the config.

And also that smartd daemon is not running since I installed the OS on an 40GB SDD. I want SMART to run on that but somehow this must be a bug as well...

Try adding '-d removable' to the smart options in Storage -> View Disks.

Status
Not open for further replies.