SOLVED GUI error after loading config backup from 11.2 to 11.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrDipper

Cadet
I recently upgraded from 11.1 Stable to 11.2 BETA to mainly enjoy the new web interface.
After the upgrade i noticed the both the jails and plugins sections where upgraded in such a way that access to the old plugins and jails where removed/restricted.

I therefor grabbed a copy of my config / database, reinstalled a fresh copy of 11.1 and uploaded the config.
All services, plugins and jails works just fine, however i am greeted with error_message when loading main components for the web interface, such as http://192.168.1.138/system/.

Error:
Code:

Request Method: 	 GET 	

Request URL: 	 http://192.168.1.138/system/ 	

Software Version: 	 FreeNAS-11.1-U5 (8e2a858a1) 	

Exception Type: 	 OperationalError 	

Exception Value: 	
no such column: system_advanced.adv_consolescreensaver

Exception Location: 	 ./freenasUI/freeadmin/sqlite3_ha/base.py in locked_retry, line 389 	

Server time: 	 Sun, 22 Jul 2018 22:45:06 +0200 	

Traceback

Environment:

Software Version: FreeNAS-11.1-U5 (8e2a858a1)
Request Method: GET
Request URL: http://192.168.1.138/system/

Traceback:
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/backends/utils.py" in execute
  64.				 return self.cursor.execute(sql, params)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/sqlite3_ha/base.py" in execute
  412.		 execute = self.locked_retry(Database.Cursor.execute, query, params)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/sqlite3_ha/base.py" in locked_retry
  389.				 rv = method(self, *args, **kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/exception.py" in inner
  42.			 response = get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _legacy_get_response
  249.			 response = self._get_response(request)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/core/handlers/base.py" in _get_response
  178.			 response = middleware_method(request, callback, callback_args, callback_kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/middleware.py" in process_view
  162.		 return login_required(view_func)(request, *view_args, **view_kwargs)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/contrib/auth/decorators.py" in _wrapped_view
  23.				 return view_func(request, *args, **kwargs)
File "./freenasUI/system/views.py" in home
  685.	 tabs = appPool.hook_app_tabs('system', request)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/apppool.py" in hook_app_tabs
  61.		 return self._get_array('hook_app_tabs', name, request)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/apppool.py" in _get_array
  27.				 method(arr, func(*args, **kwargs))
File "./freenasUI/system/hook.py" in hook_app_tabs_system
  71.					 obj = model.objects.order_by('-id')[0]
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py" in __getitem__
  295.		 return list(qs)[0]
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py" in __iter__
  256.		 self._fetch_all()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py" in _fetch_all
  1087.			 self._result_cache = list(self.iterator())
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/models/query.py" in __iter__
  54.		 results = compiler.execute_sql()
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/models/sql/compiler.py" in execute_sql
  835.			 cursor.execute(sql, params)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/backends/utils.py" in execute
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/db/utils.py" in __exit__
  94.				 six.reraise(dj_exc_type, dj_exc_value, traceback)
File "/usr/local/lib/python3.6/site-packages/django/utils/six.py" in reraise
  685.			 raise value.with_traceback(tb)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/sqlite3_ha/base.py" in execute
  412.		 execute = self.locked_retry(Database.Cursor.execute, query, params)
File "./freenasUI/freeadmin/sqlite3_ha/base.py" in locked_retry
  389.				 rv = method(self, *args, **kwargs)

Exception Type: OperationalError at /system/
Exception Value: no such column: system_advanced.adv_consolescreensaver

My guess is that the 11.2 config included sections not defined in 11.1, causing errors. I was going to re-fetch the database from the working 11.1 build then do another install and upload, but since the system tab is inaccessible it makes it hard. Anyway i can do this in a shell?

Can't belive i was stupid enought not to do a database backup BEFORE upgrading....

danb35

Hall of Famer
After the upgrade i noticed the both the jails and plugins sections where upgraded in such a way that access to the old plugins and jails where removed/restricted.
Warden jails won't show in the new GUI, but they will in the old GUI (which is still available in 11.2-BETA1). But no, loading a config file from a newer version into an older version isn't supported. However, you can get to the .system dataset (it will be mounted at /var/db/system), you can look in configs-longhexnumber for a series of config file backups.

DrDipper

Cadet
I had some success
Warden jails won't show in the new GUI, but they will in the old GUI (which is still available in 11.2-BETA1). But no, loading a config file from a newer version into an older version isn't supported. However, you can get to the .system dataset (it will be mounted at /var/db/system), you can look in configs-longhexnumber for a series of config file backups.
I don't know how i solved this but.
2 hours ago i tried to boot into the older boot env, it had all default settings.
When i booted into it now i was all back to normal with correct db and working?

Taking config backup fast asfk :) ! Thanks for the path

Status
Not open for further replies.