I can't find my UFS volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bernie Glynn

Cadet
Guys,

I've been running freenas for about 3 years, in a 3 x 1TB raid 5 array. It used to run really well. THe power supply on my NAS failed, and I've replaced the box. The boot USB drive also seems to have been corrupted, so I DL the ISO for freenas, got a new USB drive (4GB), and reinstalled the latest version.

SO, I can see the 3x1TB drives, but I can't for the life of me see the volume they once held. I think I've tried everything in the GUI, but I've had no luck finding my old volumes (and hence my old data).

Any help would be useful.

Bernie
NAS Noob

D

dlavigne

Was this hardware or software RAID? Which version of FreeNAS was it running? e.g. software RAID5 isn't supported on the newer versions of FreeNAS.

Bernie Glynn

Cadet
Hi Mate!
Thanks for your reply.

The crash of my USB drive means I don't know what version of FreeNAS I was running, but save to say it was at least 3 years old.

You explanation explains why I cant see my old RAID5 Volume on the newer version of FreeNAS. Thanks!

So, are old versions available to DL from somewhere? Ones that are RAID5 compatible? I'll look for older versions, and I suppose I'll need the ISO install file for older versions of FreeBSD.

All help gratefully received.

Thanks again.
Bernie
NAS Noob.

D

dlavigne

You probably want nas4free.org instead. It's the continuation of the old version of FreeNAS and AFAIK still supports software RAID5.

Bernie Glynn

Cadet
Thanks again Dlavigne!,

You've given me hope in a dark dark NAS world. :)

Bernie
NAS Noob

Status
Not open for further replies.