I am tired of trying to deal with DCs for just 2 of us...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Granger

Dabbler
is there a way to flip back to just using local authentication with 9.10
I am starting to think it was never really setup in the domain correctly.
shouldn't this have had my AD server.
I am all MACs now, so I would just like to use something like local users and dnsmasq to managment my network.

samba-tool fsmo show

SchemaMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=FREENAS,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=home,DC=0

InfrastructureMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=FREENAS,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=home,DC=0

RidAllocationMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=FREENAS,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=home,DC=0

PdcEmulationMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=FREENAS,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=home,DC=0

DomainNamingMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=FREENAS,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=home,DC=0

DomainDnsZonesMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=FREENAS,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=home,DC=0

ForestDnsZonesMasterRole owner: CN=NTDS Settings,CN=FREENAS,CN=Servers,CN=Default-First-Site-Name,CN=Sites,CN=Configuration,DC=home,DC=0

D

dlavigne

Were you able to resolve this? If not, what have you done so far to try to unconfigure AD?

JR Gonzalez

Explorer
Using the FreeNAS AD DC works fine for logging into the domain and authentication with OSX. As far as easy authentication you can always just use CIFS and stop using the DC and login directly to CIFS shares. Pretty sure local users are capable of doing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.