HTPC Manager Computer Stats trouble installing psutil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gavin

Dabbler
I'm a FreeBSD noob and I am pulling my hair out trying to install psutil into my HTPC Manager jail to get the stats working. I've wget the source into /tmp/ and cd into it to use setup.py and make install, but both times after a bunch of lines of code, psutil doesn't seem to be installed. I've tried searching on how to compile and install, but I found installing custom kernels.

I just need to know what commands I need to run or what I'm doing wrong.

Code:
root@htpc-manager_1:/tmp/psutil.googlecode.com/hg # python setup.py install
running install
running bdist_egg
running egg_info
writing psutil.egg-info/PKG-INFO
writing top-level names to psutil.egg-info/top_level.txt
writing dependency_links to psutil.egg-info/dependency_links.txt
reading manifest file 'psutil.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
reading manifest template 'MANIFEST.in'
warning: no previously-included files matching '*' found under directory 'docs/_build'
writing manifest file 'psutil.egg-info/SOURCES.txt'
installing library code to build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg
running install_lib
running build_py
running build_ext
creating build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg
creating build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/psutil
copying build/lib.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64-2.7/psutil/_psposix.py -> build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/psutil
copying build/lib.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64-2.7/psutil/_pssunos.py -> build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/psutil
copying build/lib.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64-2.7/psutil/_psbsd.py -> build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/psutil
copying build/lib.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64-2.7/psutil/_pswindows.py -> build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/psutil
copying build/lib.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64-2.7/psutil/_common.py -> build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/psutil
copying build/lib.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64-2.7/psutil/_psosx.py -> build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/psutil
copying build/lib.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64-2.7/psutil/__init__.py -> build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/psutil
copying build/lib.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64-2.7/psutil/_pslinux.py -> build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/psutil
copying build/lib.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64-2.7/psutil/_compat.py -> build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/psutil
copying build/lib.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64-2.7/_psutil_bsd.so -> build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg
copying build/lib.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64-2.7/_psutil_posix.so -> build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg
byte-compiling build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/psutil/_psposix.py to _psposix.pyc
byte-compiling build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/psutil/_pssunos.py to _pssunos.pyc
byte-compiling build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/psutil/_psbsd.py to _psbsd.pyc
byte-compiling build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/psutil/_pswindows.py to _pswindows.pyc
byte-compiling build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/psutil/_common.py to _common.pyc
byte-compiling build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/psutil/_psosx.py to _psosx.pyc
byte-compiling build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/psutil/__init__.py to __init__.pyc
byte-compiling build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/psutil/_pslinux.py to _pslinux.pyc
byte-compiling build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/psutil/_compat.py to _compat.pyc
creating stub loader for _psutil_bsd.so
creating stub loader for _psutil_posix.so
byte-compiling build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/_psutil_bsd.py to _psutil_bsd.pyc
byte-compiling build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/_psutil_posix.py to _psutil_posix.pyc
creating build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/EGG-INFO
copying psutil.egg-info/PKG-INFO -> build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/EGG-INFO
copying psutil.egg-info/SOURCES.txt -> build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/EGG-INFO
copying psutil.egg-info/dependency_links.txt -> build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/EGG-INFO
copying psutil.egg-info/top_level.txt -> build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/EGG-INFO
writing build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg/EGG-INFO/native_libs.txt
zip_safe flag not set; analyzing archive contents...
creating 'dist/psutil-2.1.0-py2.7-freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64.egg' and adding 'build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg' to it
removing 'build/bdist.freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64/egg' (and everything under it)
Processing psutil-2.1.0-py2.7-freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64.egg
Copying psutil-2.1.0-py2.7-freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64.egg to /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages
Adding psutil 2.1.0 to easy-install.pth file

Installed /usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages/psutil-2.1.0-py2.7-freebsd-9.2-RELEASE-p4-amd64.egg
Processing dependencies for psutil==2.1.0
Finished processing dependencies for psutil==2.1.0
root@htpc-manager_1:/tmp/psutil.googlecode.com/hg # psutil
psutil: Command not found.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Is psutils needed/helpful for HTPC-Manager? If so, I can just add the python module into the official plugin.

Gavin

Dabbler
The new update includes cpu/memory/hdd stats. It would be nice to know how much space I have left on my media storage drive.

D

dlavigne

In the mean time, this should work: pkg install py-psutil.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
In the mean time, this should work: pkg install py-psutil.
I don't think this would work cause my pbi uses the local python install.
I'll try to get this built tonight.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Depending on your jail type, you may not be using the same respository as everyone else. Some of the jails default to the PCBSD repos while the FreeBSD repos are probably more appropriate.

Looking at the FreeBSD repos I see the following:

# pkg search psutil
psutils-1.17_3
py27-psutil-2.1.0
py27-psutil121-1.2.1

Gavin

Dabbler
It doesn't start. I downloaded the pbi twice. I tried installing into a new jail and also just upgrading my current HTPC jail.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
It doesn't start. I downloaded the pbi twice. I tried installing into a new jail and also just upgrading my current HTPC jail.
k thanks, I'll look into it. I rushed out without testing before work, lol.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
It should be in the repo soon.
You can grab the PBI here. Don't expect upgrades to work, I moved the data directory like I did with sabnzbd.
https://bugs.freenas.org/issues/4908

Status
Not open for further replies.