HP 10GB SFP+ Ethernet card lookup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alex_K

Explorer
Greetings

Anyone have had positive FreeNAS experience with HP branded 10G NIC?

Any list there?

I know Chelsio and Intel works best, yes. We happen to need HP partnumber for these and while I don't believe its possible for Chelsio, there _should_ be some HP rebranded working Intel cards right? They don't use only qlogic and emulex i hope? yes?

P.S. We're using HP DL180 G6 and alike chassises with crossflashed to LSI HBAs. We happen to have already several of these. Everithing work perfect, but we don't want x2 x4 1G LAGGs we need 10G now.

Alex_K

Explorer
Thanks!

Alex_K

Explorer
It seems this one is, sadly, incompatible with HP G6 (maybe even mechanically)

Closest to FreeNAS compatible, among these compatible with HP G6, looks, are these

HP NC522SFP Dual Port 10GbE Gigabit Server Adapter 468332-B21
HP NC523SFP 10Gb 2-port Server Adapter 593717-B21

Which it seems are QLogic 3242 and 8214 respectfully
On them I found mixed results from "works fine" through "it would work but the driver is not there you should add it yourself" to "you need to flash it from HP to QLogic firmware but no one successfully done it yet"

It all was long ago. What is the situation now, is qlxgb driver imbedded in latest FreeNAS builds, is there a _chance_ one of aforementioned cards will work fine - no reboots, no network mishaps and decent speed or I shouldn't even bother researching/trying?

Mlovelace

Guru
It seems this one is, sadly, incompatible with HP G6 (maybe even mechanically)

Closest to FreeNAS compatible, among these compatible with HP G6, looks, are these

HP NC522SFP Dual Port 10GbE Gigabit Server Adapter 468332-B21
HP NC523SFP 10Gb 2-port Server Adapter 593717-B21

Which it seems are QLogic 3242 and 8214 respectfully
On them I found mixed results from "works fine" through "it would work but the driver is not there you should add it yourself" to "you need to flash it from HP to QLogic firmware but no one successfully done it yet"

It all was long ago. What is the situation now, is qlxgb driver imbedded in latest FreeNAS builds, is there a _chance_ one of aforementioned cards will work fine - no reboots, no network mishaps and decent speed or I shouldn't even bother researching/trying?
I just installed a 560SFP+ we had into an old ML360 G6 for grins and it worked fine. I'd assume you would need a low profile bracket for your pizza box, but I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Alex_K

Explorer
Thats good news! HP support said "unsupported" but yeah they known to say that about lot of things.
I'll look for 560SFP+ and try that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.