How to setup FreeNAS for 2 identical computers

Status
Not open for further replies.

x3po

Cadet
Hello,
I am a newbie here so I need your help for my setup plan for FreeNAS.
I have a network of 20 computers with windows7/XP os on them and I want to setup a FILE SERVER for this 20 clients.

I have 2 identical computers with these specs:
Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU D525 @ 1.80GHz (Dual core)
Intel D525MW mainboard
2x2GB=4GB Kingston PC3-10700 (667 MHz) DDR3 RAM
1TB 3.5 HDD / 1Gbit ethernet / 256MB onboard vga

I want to use first one of these 2 computers as MASTER SERVER for file sharing and I want to use the second one as an exact copy of Master Server, like a real-time RAID copy of it.
So while 20 people are sharing files on master server (read/write operations on files, creating new files, deleting old files etc.), I want to keep an exact copy of master server in the second computer real-time (copies of shared files, copy of FreeNAS operating system).
So if Master Server fails (harddisk failure, other hardware failure etc.), 20 people can continue to work on shared files without any interruption with the second computer in real-time.
And when people in network look at computers of LAN, they should see one FILE SERVER (running on FreeNAS), but I should have 2 identical servers (running on FreeNAS) which will work as a real-time copy/backup of each other.
Is this possible to do this with FreeNAS ?? And any clue how to do that?
Thank you.

Brand

So if Master Server fails (harddisk failure, other hardware failure etc.), 20 people can continue to work on shared files without any interruption with the second computer in real-time.
And when people in network look at computers of LAN, they should see one FILE SERVER (running on FreeNAS), but I should have 2 identical servers (running on FreeNAS) which will work as a real-time copy/backup of each other.
Is this possible to do this with FreeNAS ?? And any clue how to do that?

Not possible with FreeNAS at this time, and probably not likely in the near future. You are going to need to speed some money to do what you are wanting to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.