[How-To] ownCloud using NGINX, PHP-FPM, and MySQL

garyjg

Dabbler
I just upgraded to 8.2.1 also and didn't have any problems... the only this is now it's not recognizing my "memcache" in the guide... everything other than that works fine... this is the
Security & setup warnings
  • Transactional file locking is using the database as locking backend, for best performance it's advised to configure a memcache for locking. See the documentation ↗ for more information.

Please double check the
installation guides ↗, and check for any errors or warnings in the log.

neto_hugo

Explorer
@Joshua Parker Ruehlig, yesterday when I try to install OC I've crashed in the openssl-1.0.2 screen as you can see in my previous post.

Today I restarted my FN and tried again and now I'm getting this warning:

Code:
===>  Found saved configuration for openssl-1.0.2                                                                                 

===>   openssl-1.0.2 depends on file: /usr/local/sbin/pkg - found                                                                 
=> openssl-1.0.2a.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/openssl-1.0.2a.                                            
=> Attempting to fetch http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.2a.tar.gz                                                        
fetch: http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.2a.tar.gz: Not Found                                                             
=> Attempting to fetch ftp://ftp.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.2a.tar.gz                                                         
openssl-1.0.2a.tar.gz                         100% of 5138 kB  202 kBps 00m26s                                                    
===> Fetching all distfiles required by openssl-1.0.2 for building                                                                
===>  Extracting for openssl-1.0.2                                                                                                
=> SHA256 Checksum OK for openssl-1.0.2a/openssl-1.0.2a.tar.gz.                                                                   
===>  Patching for openssl-1.0.2                                                                                                  
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for openssl-1.0.2                                                                                  
1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to crypto/md5/md5.c.rej                                                                   
=> Patch patch-ad failed to apply cleanly.                                                                                        
=> Patch(es) patch-Configure patch-Makefile patch-RFC-5705 patch-SSL_CTX_use_serverinfo.pod applied cleanly.                      
*** [do-patch] Error code 1                                                                                                       

Stop in /usr/ports/security/openssl.                                                                                              
*** [install] Error code 1                                                                                                        

*** [build-depends] Error code 1                                                                                                  

Stop in /usr/ports/security/php56-openssl.   

It is normal or did I go wrong somewhere?

Thank you

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
@Joshua Parker Ruehlig I'm starting a new fresh installation. In the tuto first page is suggested:

Code:
FreeNAS WebUI
Storage> Create ZFS Dataset
Dataset Name = files
Compression level = LZ4
Enable atime = Off
Dataset Name = db
Compression level = zle
Enable atime = Off
Record Size = 16K

I believe the option zle on the compression level is no longer available in version 9.3.1, correct? May I leave lz4 such as in Dataset files?
Thank you
I don't know why they'd remove a standard feature but none or lz4 compression should be fine.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Sorry one more question ...:oops:

On the openssl-1.0.2 setup screen, do I need to select or deselect any option? or can I leave all of them default and continue with the installation?
Thanks!`

Edit
Leaving all option default I'm getting this warning:
Code:
root@MyCloud:/ # make install clean -C /usr/ports/security/php56-openssl && pkg install php56-curl                                
===>   php56-openssl-5.6.7 depends on file: /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.8 - not found                                             
===>    Verifying install for /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.8 in /usr/ports/security/openssl                                        
===>  openssl-1.0.2 GMP is LGPLv3 and can not be linked.                                                                          

not sure how to fix the root of that problem, but my recommendation is to work around it by installing openssl from pkg. the only package you need to compile it php56-openssl

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I just upgraded to 8.2.1 also and didn't have any problems... the only this is now it's not recognizing my "memcache" in the guide... everything other than that works fine... this is the
Security & setup warnings

• Transactional file locking is using the database as locking backend, for best performance it's advised to configure a memcache for locking. See the documentation ↗ for more information.

Please double check the installation guides ↗, and check for any errors or warnings in the log.
I already addressed this warning a few posts/pages back

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
@Joshua Parker Ruehlig, yesterday when I try to install OC I've crashed in the openssl-1.0.2 screen as you can see in my previous post.

Today I restarted my FN and tried again and now I'm getting this warning:

Code:
===>  Found saved configuration for openssl-1.0.2                                                                                

===>   openssl-1.0.2 depends on file: /usr/local/sbin/pkg - found                                                                
=> openssl-1.0.2a.tar.gz doesn't seem to exist in /usr/ports/distfiles/openssl-1.0.2a.                                           
=> Attempting to fetch http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.2a.tar.gz                                                       
fetch: http://www.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.2a.tar.gz: Not Found                                                            
=> Attempting to fetch ftp://ftp.openssl.org/source/openssl-1.0.2a.tar.gz                                                        
openssl-1.0.2a.tar.gz                         100% of 5138 kB  202 kBps 00m26s                                                   
===> Fetching all distfiles required by openssl-1.0.2 for building                                                               
===>  Extracting for openssl-1.0.2                                                                                               
=> SHA256 Checksum OK for openssl-1.0.2a/openssl-1.0.2a.tar.gz.                                                                  
===>  Patching for openssl-1.0.2                                                                                                 
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for openssl-1.0.2                                                                                 
1 out of 1 hunks failed--saving rejects to crypto/md5/md5.c.rej                                                                  
=> Patch patch-ad failed to apply cleanly.                                                                                       
=> Patch(es) patch-Configure patch-Makefile patch-RFC-5705 patch-SSL_CTX_use_serverinfo.pod applied cleanly.                     
*** [do-patch] Error code 1                                                                                                      

It is normal or did I go wrong somewhere?

Thank you
make clean, pkg install openssl, and keep trying

ArgaWoW

Patron
sounds like it might be related to the database host parsing issue people were having during setup. I recommend creating a bug on github.
I updated my production system to 8.2.1 and everything worked as expected
I solved the update Problem and running 8.2.1 but i have still the error with activty app... :(

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I solved the update Problem and running 8.2.1 but i have still the error with activty app... :(
did you replace it with the one from github? I think mine kept working after 8.2.1 though, so maybe you should post a bug to the owncloud/activities github.

ArgaWoW

Patron
No, I have just update OC to 8.2.1 if you think it would help I'd do the upgrade with the one from git. I will report to you soon

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I have replaced activity with the one from git. Still the same problem :/
make a bug report on the owncloud/activity github then.

adrianwi

Guru
I've just tried to upgrade from 8.1.4 to 8.2.1 and have given up :) Why do they make this such a ball ache?

I've rolled by my jail and db datasets and all is now well, but had various issues. Numerous incompatible apps (calendar, documents, gallery) - these really need to form part of the core system now, or they'll always break with an update. Managed to resolve calendars and gallery by removing and installing new versions. Issue reported earlier with memcache, which I suspect can be resolved but not quickly. Also unable to update documents (cURL error returns!) so tried to manually update from github but even more errors so decided to stick at 8.1.4 for the foreseeable future.

This is a good line for your config.php file:

Code:
'updatechecker' => false,

:D

Last edited:

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I've just tried to upgrade from 8.1.4 to 8.2.1 and have given up :) Why do they make this such a ball ache?

I've rolled by my jail and db datasets and all is now well, but had various issues. Numerous incompatible apps (calendar, documents, gallery) - these really need to form part of the core system now, or they'll always break with an update. Managed to resolve calendars and gallery by removing and installing new versions. Issue reported earlier with memcache, which I suspect can be resolved but not quickly. Also unable to update documents (cURL error returns!) so tried to manually update from github but even more errors so decided to stick at 8.1.4 for the foreseeable future.

This is a good line for your config.php file:

Code:
'updatechecker' => false,

:D
They purposely took most apps out of the core system a few versions ago, makes updating more complicated. I think whenever I update using occ it updates them for me, but this definitely isn't 100% reliable.

As stated earlier, you can ignore the memcache warning. Or if you want you can switch from using APCu to reddis that would get rid of the warning. I'll probably update the guide to use that in the future but haven't had the time.

Did you recompile php56-openssl as mentioned? Maybe someone should just pkg make that package, we can host it on the forum, and everyone can just grab it?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I updated the guide for redis to get rid of the memcache warning and to increase file locking performance.
if you already have owncloud setup this is what you'd want to do..
Code:
pkg install php56-redis redis
pkg delete pecl-APCu
service php-fpm restart
sysrc redis_enable=YES
service redis start

edit /usr/local/etc/redis.conf and /usr/local/www/owncloud/config/config.php according to the guide

Last edited:

adrianwi

Guru
They purposely took most apps out of the core system a few versions ago, makes updating more complicated. I think whenever I update using occ it updates them for me, but this definitely isn't 100% reliable.

As stated earlier, you can ignore the memcache warning. Or if you want you can switch from using APCu to reddis that would get rid of the warning. I'll probably update the guide to use that in the future but haven't had the time.

Did you recompile php56-openssl as mentioned? Maybe someone should just pkg make that package, we can host it on the forum, and everyone can just grab it?

I had used the occ command in the owncloud folder to complete the update (after starting it in the admin panel, as it almost always failed running fully through there) but it still wasn't happy!

I wasn't getting any SSL warning messages through 8.1 to 8.1.4 so had assumed I didn't need to do anything different with php56-openssl for 8.2.1. From the brief play with it, I'm not sure I liked the new iconography, and I don't think there was anything I really needed from 8.1.4.

I've been stuck on FreeNAS 9.3 since June so maybe I'll just hang onto 8.1.4 for a little while too. If it ain't broken, and all that ;)

ArgaWoW

Patron
make a bug report on the owncloud/activity github then.
I got it solved. Restored an old snapshot from OC and db and tryed to update again. Now everything works like a charm. Tomorrow I will try the redis changes you have posted.

Thanks Joshua for your great work[emoji6]

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I got it solved. Restored an old snapshot from OC and db and tryed to update again. Now everything works like a charm. Tomorrow I will try the redis changes you have posted.

Thanks Joshua for your great work[emoji6]
awesome. smart setting up the snapshots!

Aaron W Floch

Dabbler
I updated the guide for redis to get rid of the memcache warning and to increase file locking performance.
if you already have owncloud setup this is what you'd want to do..
Code:
pkg install php56-redis redis
pkg delete pecl-APCu
service php-fpm restart
sysrc redis_enable=YES

edit /usr/local/etc/redis.conf and /usr/local/www/owncloud/config/config.php according to the guide

Thanks for the updated guide! I can't tell you how much I appreciate the work you have put into this. I have learned a lot.

I one concern: In the main guide the line below was not added with the other service starts.
Code:
service redis start

Is it not needed or was that an accident? I ran the line because it felt right, however, I do not have enough experience to know if it is really needed or not. Thanks!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thanks for the updated guide! I can't tell you how much I appreciate the work you have put into this. I have learned a lot.

I one concern: In the main guide the line below was not added with the other service starts.
Code:
service redis start

Is it not needed or was that an accident? I ran the line because it felt right, however, I do not have enough experience to know if it is really needed or not. Thanks!
I just missed that step. thanks for the catch!

ArgaWoW

Patron
I update tp redis with the steps you above. Everything looks ok.
But just another Thing... i have this errror message in the admin screen:

your files will be reacheabel from the internet. The .htacces file doesn't work. It will be strongly recommend to change the webserver configuration or move your document-root-folder away from webserver

Just a translation from german. Hope you can this understand :)

Thany you!