[How-To] ownCloud using NGINX, PHP-FPM, and MySQL

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thanks...
so using "localhost" worked for me after a try or two. So i suggest you try that.

I'll definitely file a bug though, because owncloud 8.2 broke being able to specify anything but php's default file socket during the setup step.

garyjg

Dabbler
funny, I'm getting the same error:
Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: hostname nor servname provided, or not known

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

tamilmad

Dabbler
1) I'm not sure why libreoffice isn't in the repo at the moment, I can confirm that it's not there for FreeBSD 9.3, but is there for my FreeBSD 10.1 server. You can always build it from ports if you like or find the package from another repo.

2) if you logged in, you missed the stop where you can put in the advanced settings.
Do this https://forums.freenas.org/index.ph...x-php-fpm-and-mysql.17786/page-35#post-237766

Thanks for your prompt reply. I followed the instructions and was able to setup everything. I had earlier included my domain in the config.php for access from the internet, which I had to do again.

Alternatively, I could have directly updated the config.php file itself with the dbname, db folder, user, password etc.,

Thanks once again for your hard work.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thanks for your prompt reply. I followed the instructions and was able to setup everything. I had earlier included my domain in the config.php for access from the internet, which I had to do again.

Alternatively, I could have directly updated the config.php file itself with the dbname, db folder, user, password etc.,

Thanks once again for your hard work.
you can't just update your config.php to migrate from sqlite to mysql, theres a migration script you could have used though if you really needed to.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

garyjg

Dabbler
First of all I didn't realize that I linked to your profile... sorry about that.
I'm using owncloud for a database host

garyjg

Dabbler
this is the same error has before (Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'ocuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES))

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
this is the same error has before (Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user 'ocuser'@'localhost' (using password: YES))
maybe change your config.php database host value to "localhost:/tmp/mysql.sock"

garyjg

Dabbler
ok, I've tried that but I'm still getting the same error (Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't assign requested address)

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
ok, I've tried that but I'm still getting the same error (Error while trying to create admin user: Failed to connect to the database: An exception occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2002] Can't assign requested address)
oh, I thought you already got past the admin setup part. using "localhost" is the workaround. if that doesn't work please contribute to the bug report I created. that is a better place to post to get this bug fixed than this thread.

garyjg

Dabbler
Hi Joshua,

when I ran owncloud/robots.txt it gave me back this? any clue what that means? thanks

User-agent: *
Disallow: /