How to mount a windows share on Freenas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason Giddens

Dabbler
Hello,

I would like to mount a remote Windows share on my Freenas box. I have searched this forum, googled, etc and not found a solution that works.

Remote Share: \\10.0.10.11\XBMCd\Music\Music
Local Folder \jail\media\WindowsMusic

Suggestions?

cyberjock

Inactive Account
mount_smbfs -I 1.2.3.4 //username@nasserver/share /path/to/local/mnt

Jason Giddens

Dabbler
Cyberjock,

Yes, I had found that as well and found it lacking. Here is my result when I do this:

[root@nasbox ~]# mount_smbfs -N -I 10.0.10.11 //jasong@10.0.10.11/XBMCd/Music/Mu sic /mnt/Movies/WindowsMusic/ mount_smbfs: unable to open connection: syserr = Connection reset by peer

I have -N in use because my windows box is not secured with a password (totally isolated in its own HTPC world, so it shouldn't be credentials. I have tried it without the username@ before the IP address, etc.

Jason Giddens

Dabbler
Ok, so I changed the syntax a bit. The Connection Reset by peer was caused by me using the IP Address in the first // field. I changed that to the machine name and I started getting authentication errors instead. I know, know, know that I have a correct UID and PW but I still get the error.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
I'm pretty sure you can't share CIFS shares with a usernames but no password. Try using a password...

Other than that I got nothing to help you with. I just tried it from a Windows share and mine works flawlessly. More than likely the issue is on Windows' side though.

devnullius

Patron
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.