How to migrate Transmission active torrents to new Freenas install without readding all of them

Status
Not open for further replies.

duel007

Dabbler
Hi all,

I'm looking at redoing my entire Freenas install to better organize and install some new drives. I'm trying to figure out a way to migrate my Transmission active torrents without having to re-add each one individually and then recheck. My theory is that if I back up the raw torrent data and and the original Transmission jail that I can drop the torrents themselves in place, set up the new transmission jail, and swap in the /user/pbi/transmission-amd64/ folder from the old jail into the new one, and then start it.

Anyone have any input or done this before?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I think the only folder you would need to backup is /var/db/transmission

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Hmmm.. that doesn't actually exist in my Transmission jail.
what versiont of the transmission plugin do you have installed? it might be in a different directory

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer

duel007

Dabbler
that folder has to exist for that version to work.

Weird... I'm not sure what to tell you there. Here's a screenshot from the shell.

x81RDFF.png

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Weird... I'm not sure what to tell you there. Here's a screenshot from the shell.

x81RDFF.png
very strange, can you confirm your version? earlier versions had this folder somewhere in /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home

Status
Not open for further replies.