how to manually install Graylog 5.#

Whattteva

Wizard
I don't think you need to install those additional stuff, but I suppose it's harmless even if you do install them.
How does one set enforce_statfs for the jail.?
Pretty sure enforce_statfs, by default, is set to 2, so you should be fine. It's interesting that it doesn't define what it should be set as because it's a value from 0 to 2.

da_da

Explorer
Looks like Mongodb50 requires AVX as I am unable to start the service on the ixsystems mini xl+... oh well.. time to rebuild back the graylog4

guermantes

Patron
Pretty sure enforce_statfs, by default, is set to 2, so you should be fine. It's interesting that it doesn't define what it should be set as because it's a value from 0 to 2.
I think it was just a typo earlier, in the message I get when installing Opensearch is says it is highly advisable to set enforce_stafs=1.

Is the default 2 still ok?
If not, how would I go about setting 1 permanently for the jail in question? I can't see any option in the "edit jail" settings.

Patrick M. Hausen

Hall of Famer
iocage set enforce_statfs=1 <jailname>

1ccs-todd

Dabbler
I just did a new installation with:
Code:
pkg install graylog opensearch mongodb50 pwgen

using a dhcp jail with:
allow_mlock=1
allow_mount=1
allow_mount_devfs=1
allow_mount_procfs=1
allow_raw_sockets=1

raw_sockets is for graylog
allow_mount* is for opensearch (devfs permits access to dev/fd)
mlock is probably not needed. it got added during testing.

I had a bit of a headache with TLS setup for opensearch. I just had to build some certs in /usr/local/lib/opensearch/config/ and add these lines to /usr/local/etc/opensearch/opensearch.yml:
cluster.name: graylog
plugins.security.ssl.transport.pemkey_filepath: /usr/local/etc/opensearch/admin-key.pem
plugins.security.ssl.transport.pemcert_filepath: /usr/local/etc/opensearch/admin.pem
plugins.security.ssl.transport.pemtrustedcas_filepath: /usr/local/etc/opensearch/root-ca.pem

Finally: chown -R opensearch:opensearch /usr/local/lib/opensearch/ /usr/local/etc/opensearch/

As noted earlier: Mongodb50+ (requirement of Graylog) requires a CPU with AVX optimization.
... and the guide to build mongodb without AVX is for Linux only.

running with elasticsearch6 is still supported. (This is how the graylog plugin is setup.)