database version 36 is newer than libpkg(3) version 35

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
I can't figure out how to fix this database version 36 is newer than libpkg version 35 error I keep getting when updating my jails via iocage pkg upgrade. There doesn't appear to be anything that isn't working correctly but the error is bothering me.

OS Version: TrueNAS-13.0-U3.1
This has been upgrade from previous releases including the jails being upgraded from previous releases.

I have tried removing the old repo: rm /var/db/pkg/repo-FreeBSD.sqlite
I have tried: pkg bootstrap -f and pkg upgrade

Anyone else have ideas?

Jail versions:
Code:
uname -UK
1301000 1301000

cmd and error:
Code:
# iocage update jacket; iocage pkg jackett upgrade -y
Snapshot: tubby/iocage/jails/jackett@ioc_update_13.1-RELEASE-p5_2023-01-13_15-15-53 created.
Updating jail...

* Updating jackett to the latest patch level...
Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 2 mirrors found.
Fetching metadata signature for 13.1-RELEASE from update2.freebsd.org... done.
Fetching metadata index... done.
Inspecting system... done.
Preparing to download files... done.

No updates needed to update system to 13.1-RELEASE-p5.
No updates are available to install.
Run '/tmp/tmphqdwnq27 fetch' first.

release: 13.1-RELEASE-p5 -> 13.1-RELEASE-p5
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up to date.
All repositories are up to date.
pkg: warning: database version 36 is newer than libpkg(3) version 35, but still compatible
Checking for upgrades (0 candidates): . done
Processing candidates (0 candidates): . done
pkg: warning: database version 36 is newer than libpkg(3) version 35, but still compatible
Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
Your packages are up to date.
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...

Checking for upgrades (0 candidates): . done
Processing candidates (0 candidates): . done

Checking integrity... done (0 conflicting)
Your packages are up to date.

Volts

Patron
The version of pkg inside the jail is newer than the version on the TrueNAS host.

It's not an error, it's a warning. I believe the only changes in database schema between v35 and v36 are *very old* backward compatibility things.

1. Don't worry about it, or
2. Use pkg from inside the jail itself

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Trying to follow your workflow. Have you tried upgrading from inside the jail instead of from the host using iocage?

I may be swimming upstream but I still run all my package upgrades from within the jail using the jls command to enter the jail and run all my commands from there and have never had an issue.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Trying to follow your workflow. Have you tried upgrading from inside the jail instead of from the host using iocage?

I may be swimming upstream but I still run all my package upgrades from within the jail using the jls command to enter the jail and run all my commands from there and have never had an issue.ly
Yes upgrading using pkg from inside the jail seems to work without issue. So maybe the idea that the freenas version of pkg differs from the jails is the solution here.

The version of pkg inside the jail is newer than the version on the TrueNAS host.

It's not an error, it's a warning. I believe the only changes in database schema between v35 and v36 are *very old* backward compatibility things.

1. Don't worry about it, or
2. Use pkg from inside the jail itself

Thanks for the link. I'll go back to not worrying about it and maybe change my upgrade scripts to use jls instead of iocage.