How to make my FreeNAS server accessible to other devices on my network?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirJmon

Cadet
Hello,

Was wondering if someone could point this newbie to the correct guide or any information on how to connect to my NAS via, iPad, Roku, Fire stick, phone or whatever. Currently I am running the latest version of FreeNAS and have it setup in a windows group so I can stream music and movies to my Windows PC's but I want to be able to watch my media on other devices such as those listed above.

Thanks,

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
Hello,

Was wondering if someone could point this newbie to the correct guide or any information on how to connect to my NAS via, iPad, Roku, Fire stick, phone or whatever. Currently I am running the latest version of FreeNAS and have it setup in a windows group so I can stream music and movies to my Windows PC's but I want to be able to watch my media on other devices such as those listed above.

Thanks,
I think most people use something like the Plex plugin to stream media to devices. If you have windows, you'll want to look at "samba" (CIFS). There's a video how-to here for samba permissions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxggaE935PM

Status
Not open for further replies.