How to install Nextcloud 13 in FreeNAS with all checks passed updated to use iocage

gt2416

Patron
No setup just install it and you should be good to go.

Itay1778

Patron

Itay1778

Patron
No setup just install it and you should be good to go.

I managed to install the SMB through this command:
make distclean install -C /usr/ports/net/pecl-smbclient

A huge thank you for all your help and especially for your patience !!!!!!! Keep helping people like you do now !!!

Huge thanks
Itay

Itay1778

Patron
And the problems do not stop!

I made a restart to FreeNAS's system, and when I try to access nextcloud it just does not work and nothing comes up in the browser
The jail is active
All the services are working and everything is set right and nothing is working and everything happened only after restarting Does anyone have any idea what happened?

I tried both the local IP address and the domain and nothing
Everything worked fine for me before it happened!

gt2416

Patron
No worries, helping others helps me understand this stuff a lot more! Especially if I need to recreate it.
Go into your jail and run ifconfig and make sure it has the proper ip and also try to ping google and something on your internal LAN. This is to try and to see if you have connectivity issues.
Code:
ping 8.8.8.8

If you have no issues then try service apache24 start

For smbclient for others, for future reference install this :
If you do not have ports then make it first
portsnap fetch extract
make distclean install -C /usr/ports/net/pecl-smbclient

It used to be just pkg install pecl-smbclient but that package was removed, anyone know why ? I also found phpXX-pecl-smblient, but that doesnt work either (maybe some configs are needed).

Last edited:

Itay1778

Patron
No worries, helping others helps me understand this stuff a lot more! Especially if I need to recreate it.
Go into your jail and run ifconfig and make sure it has the proper IP and also try to ping google and something on your internal LAN. This is to try and to see if you have connectivity issues.
Code:
ping 8.8.8.8

If you have no issues then try service apache24 start

For smbclient for others, for future reference install this :
pkg install phpXX-pecl-smbclient
Replace XX with your php version.

Ok, something strange here, (all the tests inside the jail) outside the jail ping works.

Code:
root@nextcloud:/ # ifconfig
lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 16384
		options=600003<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,RXCSUM_IPV6,TXCSUM_IPV6>
		inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128
		inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
		inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000
		nd6 options=21<PERFORMNUD,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>
		groups: lo
epair0b: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
		options=8<VLAN_MTU>
		ether 02:ff:60:ba:b5:82
		hwaddr 02:53:e0:00:05:0b
		inet 192.168.1.27 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.1.255
		nd6 options=1<PERFORMNUD>
		media: Ethernet 10Gbase-T (10Gbase-T <full-duplex>)
		groups: epair
root@nextcloud:/ # ping 8.8.8.8
PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8): 56 data bytes
ping: sendto: No route to host
^C
--- 8.8.8.8 ping statistics ---
24 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss

Itay1778

Patron
Ok, something strange here, (all the tests inside the jail) outside the jail ping works.

Code:
root@nextcloud:/ # ifconfig
lo0: flags=8049<UP,LOOPBACK,RUNNING,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 16384
		options=600003<RXCSUM,TXCSUM,RXCSUM_IPV6,TXCSUM_IPV6>
		inet6 ::1 prefixlen 128
		inet6 fe80::1%lo0 prefixlen 64 scopeid 0x1
		inet 127.0.0.1 netmask 0xff000000
		nd6 options=21<PERFORMNUD,AUTO_LINKLOCAL>
		groups: lo
epair0b: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> metric 0 mtu 1500
		options=8<VLAN_MTU>
		ether 02:ff:60:ba:b5:82
		hwaddr 02:53:e0:00:05:0b
		inet 192.168.1.27 netmask 0xffffff00 broadcast 192.168.1.255
		nd6 options=1<PERFORMNUD>
		media: Ethernet 10Gbase-T (10Gbase-T <full-duplex>)
		groups: epair
root@nextcloud:/ # ping 8.8.8.8
PING 8.8.8.8 (8.8.8.8): 56 data bytes
^C
--- 8.8.8.8 ping statistics ---
24 packets transmitted, 0 packets received, 100.0% packet loss
??

gt2416

Patron
Hmm thats happened to me before, if I restart the iocage jail the network breaks. The only way to fix it was to restart FreeNAS completely. Obviously thats super irritating, The permanent fix was to enable vnet.
Got to you freenas ip /ui
From there you should see the NEW freenas ui. Go to jails and chnage the network of your jail to vnet, tick the enable vnet and make sure "allow raw sockets" is also ticked. Also in the default router setting, make sure thats filled in otherwise vnet wont work.(I read that somewhere) Then restart the freenas os. NOT just the jail, restart freenas completely.

Last edited:

gt2416

Patron
/usr/local/etc/apache24/httpd.conf, not /etc/make.conf. But putting "DEFAULT_VERSIONS+=php7.0" as the second line in that file (also weird - there's a giant block comment at the start of that file) results in syntax error.

My question is: what is the deal with this step of the guide? What's it for? "

So I just figured it out. That file is 100% useless in our case. So is the first command in the guide "portsnap fetch extract" <-- that command builds the ports tree BUT we use pkg to install php so its USELESS to run that command.
The make.conf file is for PORTS. If you are using ports that file will tell it to get only plugins for that version of PHP, again completely useless if you follow this guide. Both those steps should be removed ideally.

Itay1778

Patron
Hmm thats happened to me before, if I restart the iocage jail the network breaks. The only way to fix it was to restart FreeNAS completely. Obviously thats super irritating, The permanent fix was to enable vnet.
Whats odd its that you got a ping of 56 bytes then 100% loss. Strange.
Got to you freenas IP /ui
From there you should see the NEW freenas ui. Go to jails and chnage the network of your jail to vnet, tick the enable vnet and make sure "allow raw sockets" is also ticked. Also in the default router setting, make sure thats filled in otherwise vnet won't work.(I read that somewhere) Then restart the freenas os. NOT just the jail, restart freenas completely.
Everything was already marked and filled.
And I remember that the command of the installation you gave me was via vnet

And it still does not work

gt2416

Patron
Strange.. Im really not sure then, sorry ..No idea why the network just decided to break. Maybe try changing the ip ? Is that ip outside your dhcp range of your router ?

Itay1778

Patron
Strange.. Im really not sure then, sorry ..No idea why the network just decided to break. Maybe try changing the IP ? Is that IP outside your dhcp range of your router ?
It is in the range of DHCP router and it really is really weird everything worked perfectly until restarting the system

gt2416

Patron
It is in the range of DHCP router and it really is really weird everything worked perfectly until restarting the system

It should NOT be in the DHCP range of your router. When we created the jail we assigned the ip NOT your router. So either create a static link with the mac address on your router or change the ip to something outside your dhcp server.

Itay1778

Patron
It should NOT be in the DHCP range of your router. When we created the jail we assigned the IP NOT your router. So either create a static link with the mac address on your router or change the IP to something outside your dhcp server.
Strange I have two more jail and everyone in the DHCP router I tried to add this MAC address but eventually it's IP of the FreeNAS and it's already there so it does not let you add two from the same MAC address but I do not have IP on the network that crashes even I did REST to Router and also hooked up Just system and still not working so I do not think this is the problem

Last edited:

Itay1778

Patron
It should NOT be in the DHCP range of your router. When we created the jail we assigned the IP NOT your router. So either create a static link with the mac address on your router or change the IP to something outside your dhcp server.
I'm afraid I'll have to reinstall all the jail and it's going to be a nightmare and I'll reinstall it It might be back after restart / power off Then what I will do is a problem I need to find what caused it

Itay1778

Patron
Strange I have two more jail and everyone in the DHCP router I tried to add this MAC address but eventually it's IP of the FreeNAS and it's already there so it does not let you add two from the same MAC address but I do not have IP on the network that crashes even I did REST to Router and also hooked up Just system and still not working so I do not think this is the problem
I'm afraid I'll have to reinstall all the jail and it's going to be a nightmare and I'll reinstall it It might be back after restart / power off Then what I will do is a problem I need to find what caused it
So you have an idea what I'm doing from here?

gt2416

Patron
Sorry, I don't know...

Itay1778

Patron

Itay1778

Patron

oguruma

Patron
After following the guide verbatim, I receive error message
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)