How to downgrade or install specific port in jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJT211

Patron
I would like to downgrade my Plex to an earlier version of PMS. I use the below command to upgrade.

pkg update && pkg upgrade multimedia/plexmediaserver-plexpass

How would I go about downgrading or installing a specific version of PMS?

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo

JJT211

Patron
Ah yes, a push in the right direction is all I need. Thank you!

Ah yes, a push in the right direction is all I need. Thank you!
Were you able to figure this out? I'm trying to use portdowngrade for another issue
Code:
/usr/local/sbin/portdowngrade category/port revision
but i get error messages like these:
Code:
svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'http://svn.freebsd.org/ports/head/....
svn: E000065: Error running context: No route to host
Networking is enabled and working fine, so the 2nd error message looks like nonsense.

DrKK

FreeNAS Generalissimo
Were you able to figure this out? I'm trying to use portdowngrade for another issue
Code:
/usr/local/sbin/portdowngrade category/port revision
but i get error messages like these:
Code:
svn: E170013: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'http://svn.freebsd.org/ports/head/....
svn: E000065: Error running context: No route to host
Networking is enabled and working fine, so the 2nd error message looks like nonsense.
So I did a little research on this. Most people that were experiencing this problem seemed to be torrent users who were trying to update their ports from SVN repositories of the torrent client in FreeBSD, but discovered that their network administrator had basically blocked everything with "torrent" in the resource name. I literally couldn't find any other instances.

So that would seem to support the idea that you have some end-to-end network connectivity problem here that may be a block that some network stage puts up.

And why is it a secret which port you were having problems with? Maybe someone else will have the same problem, and the name of the port will be their keyword search.

So I did a little research on this. Most people that were experiencing this problem seemed to be torrent users who were trying to update their ports from SVN repositories of the torrent client in FreeBSD, but discovered that their network administrator had basically blocked everything with "torrent" in the resource name. I literally couldn't find any other instances.

So that would seem to support the idea that you have some end-to-end network connectivity problem here that may be a block that some network stage puts up.
I am my own network admin, i don't block anything :)

And why is it a secret which port you were having problems with? Maybe someone else will have the same problem, and the name of the port will be their keyword search.
It's not a secret port, i get the error with every port i try. That's why i put in the dots.

Last edited:

JJT211

Patron

picklefish

Explorer
I wish you had figured this out. I'm trying to do this now and running into the same issue. Oh bother.

shamo316

Dabbler
I wish you had figured this out. I'm trying to do this now and running into the same issue. Oh bother.

If you installed plex via jail. then try this go to ssh into your plex jail then go to /var/cache/pkg , it should have your older versions of plex, then install older version that way

EsTaF

Contributor
This is not a FreeNAS question sir.

It's really a FreeBSD question. I'll get you started though: "portdowngrade" https://www.ocf.berkeley.edu/~reinholz/freebsd/portdowngrade.html

Other than that, you probably want support from the #freebsd guys.

Code:
uname -a

FreeBSD freenas.local 10.3-STABLE FreeBSD 10.3-STABLE #0 r295946+21897e6695f(HEAD): Thu May 25 17:14:15 UTC 2017	 root@gauntlet:/freenas-9.10-releng/_BE/objs/freenas-9.10-releng/_BE/os/sys/FreeNAS.amd64  amd64

Code:
jls

JID  IP Address	  Hostname					  Path

2  192.168.9.34	transmission_1				/mnt/media1/jails/transmission_1

28  -			   plex						  /mnt/media1/jails/plex

Code:
jexec 28 tcsh

root@plex:/ # history 
	 4	11:53	portsnap fetch

5	11:54	portsnap extract

6	11:56	portsnap fetch

7	11:56	portsnap update

root@plex:/ #  cd /usr/ports/sysutils/portdowngrade

/usr/ports/sysutils/portdowngrade: No such file or directory.

no comments.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.