How to add a user/group to ACL settings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

50Miles

Dabbler
Hello everyone,

I'm running Freenas a few weeks now, and i'm running into some ACL problems. Currently i have the following datasets. For each dataset, i added a windows-share.

Back-Up, Documents, Downloads, Photo, Software, Trash, Video

For each dataset, i set the owner (user) to root, and the owner (group) to my own group called 50Miles. In this group there is one user, called 50Miles. (Note: instead of 50Miles, i use my own real name).

Today i added a user, called XBMC, for my HTPC. The following problem appears to me:

Naamloos-2.png

I would like to give XBMC access to my share "Video". If i open it with my own account, 50Miles, i see the above picture. The following categories in english appear: Everyone, 50Miles, and probably root, i displayed a partial part of the names.

How do i add XBMC to this share so i can give it acces? I could not find it at the internet. If i go to edit, and then add a user, i can typ XBMC, but it will not find the user.

Anybody who can help me?

50Miles

Dabbler
Started reading the manual another time ;). I think i have to start using groups for different purposes/permissions and add users to a primary group and auxiliary groups. Correct?

D

dlavigne

Which group has access to that share? Add your xbmc user to that group.

50Miles

Dabbler
Thx, I re-designed my datasets last week so i can work with groups and auxiliary groups. Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.