FreeNAS 11.1-U4, create SMB shares that cannot be accessed by others?

gsrcrxsi

Explorer
Hello, I am trying to create exclusive shares for different users, but it's not working exactly as I want. I want each user to have exclusive access to their own dataset, which includes not even be able to mount the share of another user into windows. no browsing of files in someone else's dataset, not just restricting permissions to edit/change files, i dont want them to see each other's files at all.

I watched this video, which got me 90% of the way there: https://forums.freenas.org/index.php?resources/freenas-and-samba-smb-permissions-video.8/

i have a group called "users"
i have a group called "devin"
i have a group called "sharon"
user "devin" is part of the "users" groups, and is added to the "devin" aux group
user "sharon" is part of the "users" group, and is added to the "sharon" aux group

I have created dataset (windows share) "Moms Stuff" with owner user set to "sharon" and owner group set to "sharon"
I have created dataset (windows share) "Devins Stuff" with owner user set to "devin" and owner group set to "devin"

then i created 2 SMB shares for each dataset.

when attempting to mount shares in Windows with the map network drive option:
with user "sharon" credentials, i am unable to map to the "Moms Stuff" dataset (wrong behavior), and i am unable to map to the "Devins stuff directory"(right behavior)
but with user "devin" credentials, i am able to map to both "Devins Stuff" (right) and "Moms Stuff" (wrong) datasets

so i'm not sure what the problem is here. both users are isolated as much as i think i could, yet sharon can't access anything, and devin can access both.

thanks for any help.

gsrcrxsi

Explorer
i also tried removing each user from the "users" primary group, and making devin in the "devin" group as primary and sharon in "sharon" as primary. with the same results.

devin can log into either share, but only has permissions to make changes to the devin share.
sharon cant log into either share. (and obviously can't do anything in them)

any ideas?