How is modified Sabnzbd jail UID surviving plugin delete/reinstall?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chip Sprague

Dabbler
This cooked my goose for a couple of days. I didn't even think to look for it because I assumed a delete/reinstall would revert the UID for "media" back to 816. But it doesn't. I've checked to make sure the jail was gone after deleting the plugin.

What is happening here? How can I get a truly fresh start?

garm

Wizard
Depends on what you modified. What uid did you expect? and what uid does “media” have on FreeNAS?

Chip Sprague

Dabbler
Ah, thats it, its coming from the UID for media on FreeNAS. Thanks.

Okay, so, I've already given uid of 816 to a user "samba" on FreeNAS. And my windows shares are running fine. Plex is running fine with user "media" and the modified UID. Transmission is running fine.

Does the user name/uid combo in the jail need to be the same as it is in freenas?

Chip Sprague

Dabbler
Okay, thanks. Can I make a new user:group in the sabnzbd jail samba:samba, 816:816 and run Sabnzbd as "samba"?

I think I can break that down:
1. Add user/Add user to group
Code:
pw useradd -n samba -u 816 -d /nonexistent -s /usr/sbin/nologin
pw groupadd samba -g  816
pw groupmod 816 -m samba

2. What needs to be chowned to 816:816?

3. How can I make sabnzbd run as "samba"?

Last edited:

garm

Wizard
Donno about that service specifically but in general the user a service uses is defined in the rc.d script

Chip Sprague

Dabbler
That basically came down to "solution 2" from the how-to "giving permissions..." thread:
Code:
service PLUGIN onestop
chown -R USER:GROUP /var/db/PLUGIN
sysrc 'PLUGIN_user=USER'
service PLUGIN start

Almost home. Now I just have a "can not change permissions" error once the file is downloaded. The files are making it to the "complete" folder and I can see them outside the jail.

Status
Not open for further replies.