SOLVED How do I set IPv4 Default Gateway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bramblyBush

Dabbler
I'm trying to install plugins on my Freenas box, but it doesn't seem to be connected to the internet. It says you must set up a default gateway. In the docs it doesn't tell you how to do this, it just tells you why it isn't enabled. What am I supposed to put there to get it to connect to the internet? My Freenas box is at 192.168.1.14, my router homepage is 192.168.1.1. Neither of these do anything, the plugins page says no plugins found so it still isn't connected. Is it my external IP?

bramblyBush

Dabbler
Doing ipconfig from cmd.exe on my windows computer shows an entry for default gateway as 192.168.1.1 so I'm pretty sure that's right. Is there something else you have to do to get your freenas to connect to the internet?

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Your default gateway would be 192.168.1.1
Your router has given FreeNAS an IP address on your network of 192.168.1.14
Is your firewall blocking FreeNAS?
Can FreeNAS ping your external IP address?

bramblyBush

Dabbler
I don't think I have a firewall. My router isn't blocking anything.
I got putty and ssh'd into it and ping'd google. It seems to be connecting, it's still rolling off ping readings lol up to icmp_seq=150 does it ever stop?
okay i alt-f4'd that session and started a new one. Pinging my external IP is working in less that one millisecond.

bramblyBush

Dabbler
Okay i just noticed on one of my volumes, there is a folder called jails/.plugins/.freenas which is empty

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Which version of FreeNAS are you running?

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
I'm not sure I understand your question now...
I thought your FreeNAS did not have internet?
It seems to have it now.

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Show us what your network settings are from the GUI
screenshot-256.png
screenshot-256.png screenshot-256.png

bramblyBush

Dabbler
Yes now it does but it won't bring up the plugins, just says no entry was found. When I try to change the repository URL it throws errors so I know it's connecting... I'm confused too.

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Don't know? Browser maybe? too many windows open? dump Browser cache/cookies? Wierd...

bramblyBush

Dabbler
I hate to think it could be that simple. I restarted my laptop and cleared browser cache. Using chrome and Internet explorer it still shows no entry found. :mad: Even the updates page is working, says there are 3 updates. Do i have to take those? I'm really nervous about losing everything.
Is there a way to see system logs to see why it's being stupid? In Nas4free it was really easy, right in the webUI.

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
I hate to think it could be that simple. I restarted my laptop and cleared browser cache. Using chrome and Internet explorer it still shows no entry found. :mad: Even the updates page is working, says there are 3 updates. Do i have to take those? I'm really nervous about losing everything.
Is there a way to see system logs to see why it's being stupid? In Nas4free it was really easy, right in the webUI.

select 'Show console messages in the footer:'

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-03-08_19-54-30.png
    Screenshot_2015-03-08_19-54-30.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 771

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
I would not do updates until you get the plug-ins worked out. I use firefox browser and I
only have the Freenas OS with no other jails or plug-ins, so I have never even
had an issue.

bramblyBush

Dabbler
well goddamnit... I thought we were past this:oops:
thanks for your help and sorry for wasting your time.

Status
Not open for further replies.