How do I connect to an internal iSCSI target in 8.3.1?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bubblyhobo

Cadet
Ok, so here is the problem. At my workplace we have a 10TB storage array that supports iSCSI but does not support time machine backups. I would guesstamate that 80% of the computers here are mac, and 70% of all the data is critical. So I setup a experimental freenas project to see if it was a viable solution to our problem, turns out IT'S PERFECT!!!!:) Now the test server I made has about 3 backups, all of which are extremely important and I cannot loose, and cosiquintly they have taken up aprox. 50% of the drives I currently have running in the system. We don't have any spare drives but we do have a 10TB WD Sentinal 4000 that we've outfitted, and would like to create an 2TB iSCSI target to expand the storage of the freenas. Problem is, after doing a finite amount of research, connecting and mounting iSCSI targets is not natively supported in freenas. So, my question. Is their any sort of plugin or package I can install in order to allow me to mount to target and expand the storage of the freenas server, or would I just be better off building a bigger one once I get some funds?o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.