How do I assign permissions to an SMB share?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biofilm_Matt

Cadet
I joined freenas 11 to my AD. Now I do not get a login prompt when I connect to the freenas share. I also can not add or delete anything from the share. It looks like the whole domain now has read only access to the share.

How can I set the permissions to only allow domain\administrators with full access?

Thanks

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Same way you would on a Windows server.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Well, the owner of the share has full control. Everyone else has read-only by default. Login with the owner's account.

Biofilm_Matt

Cadet
How do I login? When I go to the share I get no login prompt anymore. Even on non-domain joined computers. There is an "Everyone" permission that is read only as well as "Wheel" and "administrator"

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
In an AD environment, I'd expect it simply be a matter of being logged in to Windows with the relevant AD user.

As for the non-domain machines, I'm not quite sure what exactly might be happening. Windows semi-helpfully automatically tries to login with the current user's credentials, which the server may be accepting as a guest login, or something.

Biofilm_Matt

Cadet
I am logged in as a domain admin but the share has no AD permissions set. it has Everyone, Wheel and administrator (freenas\administrator). I will remove the everyone permissions when I can but I do not have access to change anything.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
The owner has to be a domain user, generally an admin, otherwise it's not going to work - much like on a Windows server.

Status
Not open for further replies.