HI Guys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey J

Dabbler
Been lurking the forum for a while. Have been optimizing my system over the last year or so. Started out with all the most frowned upon hardware, but I was lucky enough not to have an issue before I got smart. Anyway, Just thought I might say hi finally. HI!!!!!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
2x480GB SSDs in RAID1 for system dataset!? I wish I had that kind of hardware lying around I could use like that!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
2x480GB SSDs in RAID1 for system dataset!? I wish I had that kind of hardware lying around I could use like that!

They should use this as a definition of overkill.

Mikey J

Dabbler
Well I was using 2 120gbs in Raid 1, but the Plex MetaData grew extremely fast and filled the drive. I switched to the 480s untill I find out why the 120 ran out of space so quickly. Sorry, Not trying to look like a douche, The 480s do actually belong in my gaming machine as a Raid-0 boot disk but I had to make a temporary change. Just an FYI, Newegg was selling the Kingston 480s for $160 not too long ago.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Well I was using 2 120gbs in Raid 1, but the Plex MetaData grew extremely fast and filled the drive. I switched to the 480s untill I find out why the 120 ran out of space so quickly. Sorry, Not trying to look like a douche, The 480s do actually belong in my gaming machine as a Raid-0 boot disk but I had to make a temporary change. Just an FYI, Newegg was selling the Kingston 480s for $160 not too long ago.

I just want you to know that you are still a douche because you didn't mail them to me. :p

I wasn't disagreeing with your choice of the 480s. I personally would use them if I had them lying around. I try to avoid having that kind of hardware collecting dust. Especially since I probably paid much much more for them in the past than I could today. ;)

Plex metadata is a space hog. I forget how large mine is, but I think it's something like 250GB.

Edit: Nope.. it's up to 399GB. :(

Mikey J

Dabbler
See, mine did the same thing, It grew for what seems like no apparent reason. Whats up with that?????

cyberjock

Inactive Account
It grew to the size it is because you told it to do the deep media analysis (I forget the exact feature name). Without that your data would probably be under 20GB.

Mikey J

Dabbler
Thanks Cyberjock for the info. Not sure if i corrected the issue but we will see in time.

Status
Not open for further replies.