Hi everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanz001

Cadet
Hey all. Just installed FreeNAS 8.2 on an HP EX485 mediasmart home server that I exhumed from my closet.

Please bear with me as I'm not only new to FreeNAS, but also new to Linux & FreeBSD itself. I'm in no way a novice computer user, I'm pretty proficient with windows and general networking, so feel free to "speak geek" with me. Just try to be as basic as possible when it comes to linux commands. I've been poking around these forums quite a bit and learned some valuable beginner lessons. I'm proud to say that over the past long weekend, I have successfully setup the above server with a 1.8TB (3 1TB HDD's in ZFS raidz) array and a few plugins running properly. Also learned how to log in via SSH and do a lot of navigating around via the "command prompt"; Sorry for the windows term. One thing I really need to learn are the basic commands and what basic services to learn how to use. If anyone could point me in the right direction that'd be great. Until then, I'll keep looking around.

Thanks for having me on your forums and I look forward to learning a lot and hopefully helping others out when I become a little more seasoned.

Hanz

Status
Not open for further replies.