Heya

Status
Not open for further replies.

vl33l

Dabbler
Hello,

I'm new to this forum, and also to the FreeBSD and FreeNAS world. I'm a newbie but willing to learn more, I'm not familiar with command line (but I don't have any problem in programming albeit not doing it a lot since few years - under Windows, .Net platform... sorry, I'm not perfect I know :D - but I hope it will be of some help) but as I have to start with something, I think FreeNAS is the perfect start to improve my skills.

I built my system after loosing few HDD with some personal stuff on it (pictures of holidays for example..) so then I decided "ok, stop saying 'I need to build a NAS' and start building it!" and then I decided to buy the different components. Here is the little beast:

-16GB G.Skill RAM
-3 x 6TB Western Digital RED in RAID5
-an AMD quad core (or may be a dual core, need to open again to check..)
and other stuff is pretty basic.
-The software version is 9.2.1.8

I'm verry happy with it, still have a lot to do to have things properly stored but it's getting better and better.

My next steps is :
- Installing Sabnzbd (I know I have to check for the Jail section in the documentation)
- Installing Sickbeard (same for the Jail comments)
- Installing Couchpotato
- Installing Headphones
- Installing Squid or some other Proxy (this will be more challenging... I checked already on the forum and haven't seen a lot about it)

vl33l

Status
Not open for further replies.