Here to piggyback on your experience (and offer mine if it helps)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwhodges

Cadet
Hi all. I am a 70yo ex computer manager, who retired from the University of Oxford just a year ago. I run FreeNAS on an HP MicroServer in my loft, where it provides the backup for my other servers (mostly Windows, plus one CentOS) and desktops (I have a lot...).

I just updated to Corral, which took me a while because there wasn't room on my USB stick - and none of the error messages told me that!

I was also a bit surprised how low-key the information that all my jails would disappear was (but I did find it before proceeding!). However, my first attempt to install a Docker container failed (and killed GUI until I rebooted); that's why I'm here, reading through the hints dropped by those who have experience of getting Docker to work.

Other information about me: I play the piano and the organ; I have a side career as a recording engineer (there are some CDs in the catalogue that I recorded, edited, and mastered); I am deeply into the 3D sound recording system called Ambisonics (I knew the inventors) which is finding a lot of use in the gaming and VR fields (though my own interest is live recording of classical music). I have two dogs.

Spearfoot

He of the long foot
Hi all. I am a 70yo ex computer manager, who retired from the University of Oxford just a year ago. I run FreeNAS on an HP MicroServer in my loft, where it provides the backup for my other servers (mostly Windows, plus one CentOS) and desktops (I have a lot...).

I just updated to Corral, which took me a while because there wasn't room on my USB stick - and none of the error messages told me that!

I was also a bit surprised how low-key the information that all my jails would disappear was (but I did find it before proceeding!). However, my first attempt to install a Docker container failed (and killed GUI until I rebooted); that's why I'm here, reading through the hints dropped by those who have experience of getting Docker to work.

Other information about me: I play the piano and the organ; I have a side career as a recording engineer (there are some CDs in the catalogue that I recorded, edited, and mastered); I am deeply into the 3D sound recording system called Ambisonics (I knew the inventors) which is finding a lot of use in the gaming and VR fields (though my own interest is live recording of classical music). I have two dogs.
Welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.