HELP! Will not boot, something with Perl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyleBT

Dabbler
I am not well versed in FreeNAS, but this morning, after the weekend I came in and my server will not boot. I think it may have been a power outage that either ran down the battery back-up, or the UPS did it's job and shut down FreeNAS. Whatever the reason for the restart, when I got in to work it was paused in the boot sequence, because, the CPU fan spins up slowly some times and it causes a fan error which stops the boot sequence. This has happened before, and I just restart and it is no problem. But this time when I restarted a new screen came up that I have never seen before. I snapped a couple pictures of the screen. I have never had any issues while booting, aside from the occasional fan error.
I have no idea what is going on, and some experienced help would be greatly appreciated. As the defacto IT "professional" in the office, anything that doesn't work is automatically my fault, so I need to get this resolved ASAP.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• imageedit_17_6700466703.jpg
    imageedit_17_6700466703.jpg
    325.6 KB · Views: 197
  • imageedit_15_5555142533.jpg
    imageedit_15_5555142533.jpg
    284.6 KB · Views: 192
D

dlavigne

It's likely that the boot device was damaged. Reinstall the same version of OS to a new stick and restore a saved copy of your config.

KyleBT

Dabbler
...That time when you kicked yourself in the ass for not saving your configuration...

...At least I had a back-up.

I'll try the new flash drive asap. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.