Freenas Boot USB Crashed, Need help on how to proceed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newton

Dabbler
Ran into a hiccup. Got two disks. Both had different configurations to begin with, but not sure if that matters at this point. I was able to get the data off one, but the other disk lets me see it, however, when trying to copy the data it says I do not have the permission.

I set the shares up the same. Everything should be the same. Is there something I am missing here?

Newton

Dabbler
Its only doing it to a few folders in that drive. When I go to look at the properties it shows that there is 0 bytes inside. I am sure that its just saying that and not the case, but not sure why I cannot access them/why I have to have certain permission?

Is it carrying over some of the configuration from previous version I was using?

Newton

Dabbler
Found it. I guess the permissions are hard coded into the folders themselves, and not apart of the configuration on the USB.

Anyways, I loaded back up the nas4free liveCD and used the web GUI file manager to change the permission types.

This could be one thing that is lacking in the newer versions of FreeNAS? Or is there a work around in it? I could not find where I could do this.

danb35

Hall of Famer
There is no web-based file manager in any recent (>= 8.0) version of FreeNAS. I'm sure you could add one inside a jail, but since it would have to run with root permissions, there would be a definite security concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.