Help: which driver should I pick for CyberPower GX1325U UPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

seumit

Cadet
Hi,
Which driver should I pick for CyberPower GX1325U UPS? I don't see a matching model in the list, not even something that starts with GX...:(

I connected the UPS to freenas via serial cable. It also has a USB port, so if I have to use USB, I can. But I prefer serial because the freenas MB has serial port. So I can hook another desktop to the UPS via USB.

Thanks very much!

Last edited:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You're solving the problem incorrectly. Trying to have two devices connected to the UPS is fairly likely to not work.

The correct way of accomplishing what you want is to run a NUT client on one of the machines, preferably the desktop. Then you'd connect the UPS to the server via USB and simplify things.

Now, as for the driver, my suggestion is to try a few that sound like they might work, starting with USB-HID.

seumit

Cadet
You're solving the problem incorrectly. Trying to have two devices connected to the UPS is fairly likely to not work.

The correct way of accomplishing what you want is to run a NUT client on one of the machines, preferably the desktop. Then you'd connect the UPS to the server via USB and simplify things.

Now, as for the driver, my suggestion is to try a few that sound like they might work, starting with USB-HID.

Thank you. This is my first encounter to the UPS. I didn’t realize it’s so tricky to shutdown two systems from one UPS. Windows 10 recognize the UPS as a battery. Would it not work if I can configure freenas to shutdown once it’s on battery for a minute, and use Windows Power Options to shut down windows once battery level below, say, 80%? My logic is freenas would shutdown first. Then Windows would shut down till battery level drops to 80%.

I will try the CP1350 driver. As of now I have no idea how to configure it. Will do some research. But if anyone can point me to some instructions for dummies, that would be a great help!

seumit

Cadet
I connected freenas to UPS via USB., chose the CP1350xxxxx driver, was able to configure the UPS service. I pulled the UPS plug from wall, after the set time delay, freenas successful shut down. :)

Would you please explain a little bit of shutting down the other desktop by NUT client? Thanks again.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Install the NUT client and point it to the server running on FreeNAS.

Status
Not open for further replies.