Help updating OpenSSL in a Freenas 9.3 Jail

Status
Not open for further replies.

John_n4s

Dabbler
Hopefully someone can help me with this.
I do not have the resources to upgrade my current Freenas setup and I am trying to get a script in my transmission jail working.
When trying to upgrade this script I keep getting messages as follows:

"There was a problem confirming the ssl certificate: [SSL: TLSV1_ALERT_PROTOCOL_VERSION] tlsv1 alert protocol version (_ssl.c:661)"
This has to do with the fact that my current openssl version does not support tls 1.2
When I run 'openssl version' I get the following result:

OpenSSL 0.9.8za-freebsd 5 Jun 2014

Even after carefully reading similar threads like here I remain stuck and cannot seem to install any ports to upgrade the openssl version no matter what I try.
Could anyone point me in the right direction? I am also available on irc as John_nas.
Thank you very much.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
The same resources required to run FreeNAS 9.3 are the same required to run the latest version. You're going to have to upgrade to a supported version as FreeNAS/FreeBSD 9.3 is EOL and no longer supported.

John_n4s

Dabbler
The same resources required to run FreeNAS 9.3 are the same required to run the latest version. You're going to have to upgrade to a supported version as FreeNAS/FreeBSD 9.3 is EOL and no longer supported.

Thanks for the quick reply Jailer. Unfortunately that means I will have to spend a lot of time creating/updating jails as I see it.. this openssl upgrade looked like something less time intensive. I guess I will just have to let this rest for a while till I have time to upgrade :(

Status
Not open for further replies.