Help in-stock memory for Supermicro X11SSH-CTF

Status
Not open for further replies.

joel3452

Dabbler
Can anyone help me find good compatible memory for Supermicro X11SSH-CTF ($418.90) that is actually in stock?

I put in an order today for all of my server pieces from Newegg except for ram I ordered from Crucial. They just sent me an email saying they do not my item. I talked to their support and they apparently have no 16 GB ECC modules available in 2133, 2400, or VLP and they are not sure when they will get them in stock. So I am going to have an almost complete server sitting here this weekend with no ram. :(

I found the 16GB module on amazon, but judging by the ship dates I don't think most of them actually have it in stock either and are just putting the date out far enough to hope for a shipment.

joel3452

Dabbler
How about this guy? : Crucial CT16G4WFD8213 16Gb ?
I see Newegg has it for 134 a module from them or 95+ from 3rd party. If that guy is compatible I might just bit the bullet. It would be an extra 40 bucks for memory. But, I don't really want all the server parts sitting here for 2 weeks while the return window clocks down.

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
Can anyone help me find good compatible memory for Supermicro X11SSH-CTF ($418.90) that is actually in stock?

I put in an order today for all of my server pieces from Newegg except for ram I ordered from Crucial. They just sent me an email saying they do not my item. I talked to their support and they apparently have no 16 GB ECC modules available in 2133, 2400, or VLP and they are not sure when they will get them in stock. So I am going to have an almost complete server sitting here this weekend with no ram. :(

I found the 16GB module on amazon, but judging by the ship dates I don't think most of them actually have it in stock either and are just putting the date out far enough to hope for a shipment.
I run Samsung in my skylake board. Off Supermicro's list, the M391A2K43BB1-CPB seems to be available
at several places around the interweb. Obviously if you must have the Crucial, it looks like you're in for a wait.
Found this, but you better hurry!

joel3452

Dabbler
I checked out the one you linked to, but the delivery date range was 3-10 business days too. So I decided to go with a Crucial from a amazon 3rd party: I ordered it from Beach Camera as the shipper so here is hoping they follow through. With all of the counterfeit stuff going around, is there a great way to ensure I got the proper product when it arrives?

BigDave

FreeNAS Enthusiast
With all of the counterfeit stuff going around, is there a great way to ensure I got the proper product when it arrives?
I was not aware of this being an issue, but I would think you can get with Crucial and check the serial# for the product.
I hope it gets to you quickly :)

joel3452

Dabbler
I haven't heard too many problems with counterfeit ram, but there is a lot of fake SSD, Flash Drives, SD cards going around.

I normally prefer buy parts like this from places I fully trust, but I don't really want to have all my parts sitting on my table unable to test any of them while the return window clicks down. That and lets be honest that would be torture for geeks like us to have a full set of parts except for ram staring at you from your work bench each day. :eek:

Some parts though I have had excellent luck with from Ebay. Like I bought off all of my CCNA gear (3560s & 2811s) from Ebay sellers and had great experiences with them. But I only bought from the highly rated sellers and the ones who could tell you details about the parts, ie what version of IOS was loaded on them, flash installed, etc.

joel3452

Dabbler
So after sitting on the order for two days my seller from Amazon cancelled the order. Ouch. :mad:

joel3452

Dabbler
Crucial apparently has the 16 GB modules back in stock, so I just talked to their support to confirm. Wish me luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.