HELP after Upgrade to 9.2.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

makamer

Cadet
I just upgraded to 9.2.1 and I found that once I diabled CIFS I couldn't re-enable it. I found bug 4194 but the fixes in there didn't solve my issue. I really need to get this back online and can't for the life of me figure this out.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Yeah.. good luck!? I can't help you if you don't have diagnostic information, error messages, or something to go on. You've given me a proverbial "my car won't start.. why not?" question. Even the best car mechanic won't be able to answer that question with as little information as is provided.

If you didn't upgrade your zpool with 9.2.1, you might want to go back to 9.2.0.

makamer

Cadet
Well, there isn't much to go on. The logs don't show any errors and it only says it can't enable CIFS. I downgraded to 9.2.0 and it seems fine there.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
At least you were able to downgrade to 9.2.0. There's tons of complaints all over the forum of all sorts of problems with 9.2.1. /sigh

makamer

Cadet
At least now all I have is a complaint about a non-native block size. This seems to be a problem with 9.2.0 and not 9.2.1.

mysticpete

Contributor
cyberjock

Does that mean that 9.2.1 is actually an "unstable" release :smile:

I'll wait a bit before upgrading from 9.1.1 then.....

cyberjock

Inactive Account
It's 'release'. Stable or unstable is strictly a personal choice in terms. Some people have 9.2.1 running at what most would call "stable". I'm still on 9.2.0.. and I am consciously on 9.2.0 for a reason. I'm not thrilled with 9.2.1. ;)

mysticpete

Contributor
It's 'release'. Stable or unstable is strictly a personal choice in terms. Some people have 9.2.1 running at what most would call "stable". I'm still on 9.2.0.. and I am consciously on 9.2.0 for a reason. I'm not thrilled with 9.2.1. ;)

Yes I decided to upgrade to 9.2.0 tonight, so far I like the GUI improvements.

Status
Not open for further replies.