Hello there

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am the lead developer for PetiteCloud (http://www.petitecloud.org) a Free Open Source and Open Knowledge Cloud Foundation Layer (yes a buzzword blizzard). We have decided to look into using FreeNAS as our (or one of our) primary storage abstraction layers (we will likely build other NAS's in at some point but FreeNAS is the reference one). For details on our immediate plans see the draft white paper I posted in freebsd-virtualization@freebsd.org.

I was invited by Craig Rodrigues to start posting FreeNAS specific questions here. For more general discussion of the issues see PetiteCloud's mailing list.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Howdy. You may want to talk to iXsystems about your setup. They are the commercial side of FreeNAS.

Feel free to check out our manual(I recommend the pdf from doc.freenas.org). I read it like a book every time I upgrade. ;)

Also, in my sig is a noobie guide to getting some theoretical fundamentals for ZFS. It's a great read and takes only 15 minutes!

In discussions with Craig and other we will be staying with the FOSS side of stuff (there are other issues that any reader of an other forum would know). Specifically he said ask here not of iXsystems

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Umm.. wow. So you'll probably deal with me at some point. So I apologize now in case you get bitten in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.